boyfriend love in love happiness relationships

I Don't Give My Boyfriend The Credit Or Thanks He Truly Deserves

I don't give my boyfriend the credit or thanks he truly deserves, because I'll never be able to tell him just how much he means to me. But I'll spend the rest of my life trying.

1685
pixabay

I could write a thousand pages on how thankful I am to have this man in my life. I could write a hundred letters, poems, or articles trying to describe the way I feel about him. Honestly, I don't think that I could even begin to touch the surface on how much I love him. Because in the end, I don't give my boyfriend the credit or thanks he truly deserves.

Every day, I think about how I'm lucky to have him. However, there are sometimes that are just really eye-opening. Some circumstances just make you sit back and think "wow." I know I'm lucky, but there are still times that I'm amazed at what I've got.

We're both college students. He's finishing his doctorate degree, I'm finishing my bachelor's. We drive good cars, nice cars even. We live in a perfectly sized apartment fit just for us. We're very fortunate. Sometimes, I still come up short though.

I like to think I'm not wasteful. I eat all my food, I try and preserve, and my biggest thing? I swear I'll wear my shoes until they physically fall apart. And that's exactly what happened.

I've had my Converse (my loving Chucks) for nearly eight years. They're done for. They are ripped up, don't have any padding in them, I'm almost walking on the floor in them. They KILL my feet. But I love them.

Like I said before, sometimes, I just don't have the money. I really needed a new pair of shoes. I knew it deep down, but I just couldn't afford it. I'm doing my best, but my best doesn't always mean shoe shopping. So, what does my S.O. do?

He has me try on a ton of shoes. We look at shoe stores. Of course, I find some I love (I'm a girl, duh). Alas, there's no way I can get them. This lady's got a car payment that just takes priority.

He told me to watch for the mail. Confused, I asked why??? He ordered my shoes for me. He bought me a new pair of shoes. Just because. He didn't have to that. But he did.

Maybe that seems small to you. Maybe you're thinking, "Big whoop, he bought you some shoes. Yippie." But if you're thinking that...then you're missing the point. This guy.... he noticed I couldn't afford to buy myself some new shoes. He went the extra mile to have me try some on, to find ones I liked, and to order them for me.

Because that's who he is. He cares. He pays attention. He loves. And I've never had that before. He could've used that money to buy himself a new pair of shoes. He could've used it on anything. But he spent it on me, to make sure that I have what I needed, and I would always do the same for him. I love him.

And I think that's what love is. Love is putting the other first. Love is putting your needs, your wants, in second place. It's doing everything you possibly can just to see the other person smile.

I know that I'm lucky...but things like this just prove it time and time again. I don't give my boyfriend the credit or thanks he truly deserves, because I'll never be able to tell him just how much he means to me. But I'll spend the rest of my life trying.

He makes me smile every day, he kisses my forehead every night, and he makes me feel loved every day. And that? That's worth way more than the new shoes on my feet. Because his love...is priceless.