Girls Need To Learn To Love Each Other

Girls Need To Learn To Love Each Other

Why can't women lift each other up instead of bring each other down?

792
Girls Need To Learn To Love Each Other
Flickr

I've always wondered why girls feel the need to tear each other down knowing how bad it hurts when someone does it to them. Is it cause the lack of esteem in oneself that they feel the need to bring someone else down to come out on top or is it cause they truly like the feeling of hurting someone? Either way as women, we need to learn to love ourselves and respect one another.

Most women have had at least one 'mean girl' in their past, that has either put them down or socially tormented them. Women who feel as if your a competition tend to be the main ones who feel the need to bring you down.

With that being said, It is truly sad that this generation wants to hurt people rather then make them feel good about themselves. As being women, we know how hard it is dealing with our self image issues and being able to actually love our self.

These magazines and social media pages, show young girls the 'ideal look' and how they need to look in order to be loved or to matter to society. This make these girls feel the need to starve themselves just to matter to the world or so they aren't made fun of for being 'fat'.

These girls then grow up having huge insecurities and believe that no matter what they do, they aren't good enough. It's not fair for women to experience depression because another girl made them feel worthless just to make themselves feel better.

This girl on girl hatred needs to stop, instead of bringing each other down, we need to lift each other up. If you feel another women is pretty or you like her outfit, tell her because that might just be the one thing that'll make her day.