To The Girls That Keep Me Grounded

To The Girls That Keep Me Grounded

Thanks for being you.

2816
To The Girls That Keep Me Grounded
Michael Kelley

To say that I wouldn’t be the person I am today without you is a serious understatement. You have introduced me to so many amazing things that exist in this world. My taste in music, movies, and clothes have improved since meeting you. My view of the world, in general, has changed. You’re each so unique, and I’ve become more positive, empathetic, and open-minded now that I’ve made efforts to understand the way your minds work.

It’s crazy the way this friendship operates. You’ve expressed time and time again that you are thankful for the strength I provide in your own lives, but I wouldn’t be wouldn’t have that strength if it weren’t for you. Your continued support and guidance through my highs and my lows have allowed me to grow into the person you need. I know that none of us really have this “life” thing all figured out yet, but you make fumbling to make sense of everything less terrifying.

I have an insane amount of trust in you. I know that no matter what, you will always be honest with me. You’re the best listeners and even better sources for advice. Especially during those times when I don’t want to hear the truth, but you know I need to. I can trust your judgment because I know that you always have my best interest in mind.

I know what it means to be a good person because I have you as living examples. Your kindness, selflessness, and unconditional love continue to motivate me to be the best person I can be and to chase my wildest dreams. We’re not just friends, we’re family.

Thank you for everything you are for me.