I'm The Girl Who Tells Her Mom Everything

I'm The Girl Who Tells Her Mom Everything, And I Mean EVERYthing

I am so happy to be the girl who tells her mom everything, and even happier to say that this will never change.

1526
mother and daughter time
Kelsey Dietrich

One relationship that I am eternally grateful for is my close relationship with my mother. Every day I am thankful to always feel comfortable enough to tell her anything. Every day I am thankful that she has the best pair of listening ears. Every day I am thankful for her opinion and perspective offered on the stories that I tell her about my life. Every day I am thankful to listen to her life experiences as insightful guidance to direct my own life choices. Every day I am thankful that I have the opportunity to share my life with my mom. Every day I am thankful.

Even on the days when we butt heads about things going on or get frustrated with something about the other, I could not imagine my life the love, support, and guidance that relentlessly emanates from my mother. While there are bound to be some moments when I slightly regret telling her something, in a matter of time I take that thought back; I am glad to have her involved in my life and it's important that I keep her in on the loop. There is nothing that I regret telling her because, ultimately, I do appreciate her genuine thoughtfulness and true opinions. If it weren't for these features, I would not have the perspective of an adult whom I thoroughly respect and aspire to model my behavior after; I truly would not be who I am today.

There are a lot of girls who do not have positive relationships with their moms and every time I witness those negative interactions or listen to stories about awfully stressful encounters between daughters and mothers who just cannot seem to make things work, I grow even more appreciative of my personal relationship with my mother. I understand that our overall closeness and ability to bounce back from certain setbacks is a unique (and priceless) aspect of our relationship. This is not something that every daughter can wholeheartedly say is true for them, but since I can, I understand just how lucky I really am.

We have taken the mother-daughter bond to a whole other level. I love that whenever something happens to, me one of the first thoughts that always pops into my head is, "Wow, I can't wait to tell my mom about this!" no matter how significant the event that occurred ended up being. I automatically know that my mom is always ready to share my experiences and empathize with me. It is just so comforting to know that I can go to my mom with any problem, experience, news, or story and she relentlessly provides the same level of exceptional love and support.