To The Girl Who Think's She's Not "Good Enough"

Girl to girl -- I get it.

16
Madison Schulz

Let me tell you, girl. I’ve been there. After the many guys who ask for my phone number and never text, the guys who just stop responding, and the multiple break-up’s, I’ve been there. I understand what it’s like to pin and prod through every memory or text and try to find something you did wrong. Something that you messed up. Something that scared off the guy you were interested in. I get it. And like almost every other girl in the world, they get it too. I know what it’s like to think about every mistake you’ve made, every flaw you have, every endless possibility for some reason-any reason- as to why he didn’t text you back, why he doesn’t love you, why he’s not into you. It sucks to have your heart broken over and over again, no matter how deep the break. It’s hard to move on to another guy thinking, “This time, it’ll be different”, “I’ll do this instead of this”, “Then, maybe he’ll want to date me”, “Maybe then, I’ll be good enough.” Well, I’ve got news for you, girl. You’re not “good enough”. You’re not even close. You’re extraordinary.

Never, ever think that YOU have to be “good enough” for some guy. When you start to think about being enough for him, you start to loose yourself in the process. Suddenly, all the quirky, adorable, cute things you do become centered on him. You were more than enough before you met him, and you’ll be more than enough if you break-up.

Be enough for yourself. Love yourself. Do the things that make you happy, not the things that make him happy. (I mean, when you’re in a relationship, make sure to think about his happiness, but that’s another article) Don’t invest your time into someone who doesn’t think that you’re “good enough” for them. Cause, let me tell you something, you are and they just can’t see that. Be with someone who acknowledge’s that you are a human who makes mistakes and has flaws, yet loves you in spite of them. Invest in someone who puts the time and effort into getting to know your likes, dislikes, dreams, goals, life-plans. Don’t waste your precious time on someone who texts you every now and again. Or someone who expects you to put all the work into the relationship. (Keep in mind that a relationship is equal, so don’t make him do everything either. Work together to find a balance.)

I promise you that, right now, it sucks that, for the third time, that guy at the bar didn’t text you back, but trust me when I say, good things come to those who wait. So, be bold! Be a woman who has, “Fire in her soul and grace in her heart.” Make life-long friends. Go out. Work hard. Party hard. Don’t be afraid to be alone. And finally, work on loving yourself just the way you are because someone, one day, will come along and love you that way too.