To The Girl That Lost Herself

To The Girl That Lost Herself

Be the Sun in a universe of stars.

209
To The Girl That Lost Herself
google

Im the girl who lost herself in a world of perfection. A world where it's not ok to be different. I'm the girl that lets other people walk all over her and tell her what to do. I am the girl that’s a pushover. The girl that continuously gets knocked down for what I say or do. I am the girl that doesn’t stick up for herself. The girl that puts on a strong face and a smile when all she wants to do is cry. The girl that gives up too easily. The girl who isn’t smart enough. I am the girl that feels sorry for herself.

I am not that girl anymore.

I am not going to let anyone walk all over me and take advantage of me. I am the girl who will speak up. Who will be her own leader? I am the girl that will do her own thing. The girl that will let love chase her, not the other way around. The girl that will create her own happiness. The girl that will enjoy the rollercoaster instead of feeling sorry for herself. I'm the girl that will stand back up after getting knocked down. The girl that will love herself and that’s all that matters. I am the girl that will always stand up for what she believes in, no matter the circumstances.

In a time where being yourself is more important than ever, people seem to loose themselves in the shadows of others. I used to be that girl but I won't be anymore. I won't be the girl to hide in someone else's shadows. I won't let other people judge me for who I am or who I want to be. I won't let them tell me that I can't do something or talk me out of living my dream. Because it's not their life it's mine. In the end, what does it matter what they think anyway? What matters is that I'm happy, nothing else.

I won't go back to being that girl anymore, she is in the past. I am a new person. Reinvented and better than ever. I am more confident in myself and in who I am. I know my goals and I know my dreams and I won't let anything get in the way of that. I am more focused than ever. I am the girl that was lost in this world and managed to define herself. Have the courage to not be that girl anymore.

So, the girl that lost herself in what's said to be a perfect world. To the girl who is “broken” or doesn’t feel good enough. To the girl that’s everything but “perfect”.It's easy for a girl to feel unimportant or not good enough in the society we have built. People can't seem to look past the things that don’t matter. The constant pressure to be “perfect”. To be a certain size, to look a certain way, to get straight A`s, and to do everything the way it should be done. Everyone is different; no two humans are the same. People are going to label yo, but you can overcome those labels. They don't define you. Sometimes this constant pressure and the way society is, a girl tends to lose herself in this world. I have lost myself in this world. However, I managed to draw outside the lines and stop worrying about what people think, say or do. In a time where it's rare to be different and express who you are, I dare you to.

So don’t be afraid to stand up for what you believe in, even if you're the only one in the room that feels that way. To dance around the room or sing at the top of your lungs with the windows down. Be the game-changing girl or the girl that loves too much. Find joy in the simple things and enjoy your life. Don’t let people infuriate or belittle you because you deserve better. Be the girl who doesn’t care what others think of her because nobody is better than you, remember that. Be the Sun in a universe of stars.