Girl, It's Actually Time To Stop Apologizing

"Now you're looking at a leader, now you're staring at a queen"...

63

Girl you need to stop apologizing. And yes I did just pick up Rachel Hollis's book this week and I may or may not have gotten a little inspired while writing this. She truly is the definition of real and I hope to include more realness in my life as I go through my ups and downs.

I want to stop apologizing for being myself. I think that I get so in my head sometimes with how I should be/act and it's hard to realize that I shouldn't fixate on what people think of me on a daily basis. The comments on an Instagram post of mine shouldn't affect how I think of myself and it shouldn't affect what you think of yourself either.

I want to stop apologizing for how I do in school. I feel like I get so caught up in the numbers and just pass the fact that I made mistakes and that I can move forward. Sometimes it's just acknowledging what errors I made and correcting them at my own pace when I'm ready to do so, even when others around you are pressuring you to get something done in a timely manner. You should be able to do you on your own time without worrying about how you perform.

I want to stop apologizing for the music that I listen to. The music that I listen to is eclectic for sure, it really just depends on my mood and what exactly if I'm doing. If I'm working out its usually country or pop. So I just want to be cool with myself if I don't want to listen to rap at the times I want to listen to country. I still want to be open to listening to different kinds of music though, I just want to be more vocal in what music tastes I'm currently into

Overall, I have a lot that I need to think about with all of my apologies to myself. This book has really lit a fire in me and I truly hope that it continues to do so as I'm going along in my life and career. I hope to never lose who I am and hope that I am able to inspire people someday.