30 Girl Power Songs To Lift You Up

30 Girl Power Songs To Lift You Up

Heartbreak, feeling down, or just stressed out? Listen to these songs.

2149
30 Girl Power Songs To Lift You Up
Republic / Universal

1. Unwritten- Natasha Bedingfield

Am I the only one who thinks of "The Sisterhood Of The Traveling Pants" when Blake Lively was running on the beach, racing her crush and this inspirational song started playing? If that's not motivation to go out and get what you want, I don't know what is.

2. Brave- Sara Bareilles

"Say what you wanna say and let the words fall out." Speak your mind and have a backbone. Can't stress that enough. You only get this one life, so be careful with what you say but also say what you want to in a civil manner.

3. Fight Song- Rachel Platten

This is the ultimate anthem song. This song literally gives me goosebumps and makes me so motivated to go out and make a difference. If you're on the struggle bus and think you should give up on your dream career or what makes you happy, go listen to Rachel Platten. Just do it.

4. Roar- Katy Perry

You've got the eye of the tiger. Keep on keepin' on and stand up for yourself always. Embrace your inner Katy Perry. Don't be afraid of others and them being mad at you. Say what you need to!

5. Survivor- Destiny's Child

When you're thinking that you can't live without that guy, go grab some girl friends and crank this song in the car. Believe me, you'll feel so much better and you'll realize how much better you are without him.

6. Irreplaceable- Beyoncé

If he's messing around with you, get out of that situation and then go listen to Beyoncé. Queen B has your back, girl and just know that you can get a million more guys who actually give a damn about you.

7. Do My Thang- Miley Cyrus

Looking for a good song for girls' night? Put this on your playlist. Miley knows how to have a good time and her songs will make you want to sing along and have no worries or concerns.

8. Road Less Traveled- Lauren Alaina

Lauren Alaina will make you realize that you are beautiful and that you just need to embrace yourself. Be your crazy, wonderful, beautiful self and never apologize for living your life. This is another one of my anthems and I encourage it to be some of yours too!

9. Let It Go- Idina Menzel

Another iconic song. Who doesn't know every single word to Let It Go? You can blare this song with friends or even by yourself. This song really makes you want to assert your independence and not listen to those telling you how to live.

10. Man! I Feel Like A Woman!- Shania Twain

Shania will have you singing along from the moment you turn on this song. This is definitely another song to add to your girls' night out playlist. "The best thing about being a woman, is the prerogative to have a little fun."

11. Going Out Like That- Reba McEntire

Show that guy what he's missing. If he's treating you wrong in any way, shape, or form, leave because you're not going out like that. Put your lipstick on and go out and have a good time. Listen to Reba, she knows what she's talking about.

12. Party In The U.S.A.- Miley Cyrus

Another sing along song. Embrace change, put this on a playlist, and play it whenever you're feeling down or are about to embark on a new journey in life.

13. Any Man Of Mine- Shania Twain

Shania says it like it is. Find you a guy that calls you beautiful when you feel ugly, who's proud of you, and would do anything for you. It's okay to know how you want to be treated. Rock this song.

14. Love Myself- Hailee Steinfeld

Even though this song has been said to be about something inappropriate, I'm still going to see it as a total girl empowerment song. You can and should always love yourself. Inappropriate or not, Hailee Steinfeld knows how to make a catchy song that makes you want to dance around and sing along.

15. Fighter- Christina Aguilera

Don't stay mad at your ex. Tell him thank you for showing you what you don't want in a relationship and once again, show him that you're better off without him. This is another song to sing after a break up to feel a lot better. Again, believe me.

16. I Wanna Dance With Somebody- Whitney Houston

Just remember, you will find somebody to dance with you someday and you will feel the heat with somebody who loves you. Until then, keep cranking up Whitney songs and sing them at the top of your lungs with no shame.

17. Confident- Demi Lovato

To answer Demi's question, there is nothing wrong with being confident. Show people what you're made of and be confident with the person that you are. Love your body, love your mind, and love yourself. Plus this is a very catchy song and will make you feel like you can conquer the world.

18. Somethin' Bad- Miranda Lambert and Carrie Underwood

Let your best friends' guy know that if he breaks her heart, you're the Miranda to her Carrie and you don't mess around. Tell him to listen to this song and remember what you told him. And if he still breaks her heart, make her listen to this song with you and remind her of the badass she is.

19. Born To Fly- Sara Evans

You were born to fly, girl. Get out and see the world and leave the comfort of your home and hometown. "And how do you keep your feet on the ground when you know that you were born to fly?" If you know you're meant to get out and see things, listen to this song and do that because, life is short and the world is wide.

20. Turn On The Radio- Reba McEntire

Remind that dumb guy that you'll always be in the back of his mind. Reba is the queen of having songs that remind you who you are and not to let guys make you feel stupid. Another good song to help you get over a guy.

21. Wherever I Go- Hannah Montana

Not going to lie, I still listen to this song whenever I need to remind myself that everything is going to be okay. Hannah Montana is one of the best still to this day to listen to when you need a pick-me-up. This is also a slightly emotional song (at least I think) so if you need a happy cry give it a listen.

22. Shake It Off- Taylor Swift

No matter what life throws at you, shake it off. You'll always get through anything with a good attitude about it. Just keep doing you and life will work itself out. Have a dance party and forget about all of your stress.

23. Run The World (Girls)- Beyoncé

We do run the world, girls. Never forget that. We can do anything we set our mind to. Jam out to this when you need a full-on girl empowerment day.

24. Show Me How You Burlesque- Christina Aguilera

Talk about motivation and setting out to get what you want, listen to this song and watch Burlesque! This is an amazing song to pump you up and the movie is great too! It's a win all around. You want something? Work for it and advocate for yourself. Life isn't handed to you.

25. Here's to Never Growing Up- Avril Lavigne

This is an awesome road trip song. Remember that you're young and this should definitely be one of the top songs on your playlist. Whoever said that you had to completely grow up?

26. Respect- Aretha Franklin

R-E-S-P-E-C-T. Listen to Aretha and if you're going to demand anything out of a relationship demand respect. No one should take advantage of you.

27. Since U Been Gone- Kelly Clarkson

"You had your chance you blew it. Out of sight, out of mind." Bye boy, you should have known what you had while you still had it. Remember you're on to bigger and better things, honey. Listen to Kelly and sing this song as loud as you can to relieve some post-break up stress and sadness.

28. What The Hell- Avril Lavigne

It's okay to move on if some guy acts like he doesn't care. You need to be valued for who you are. Get your friends together, get in the car, and blare away to this song.

29. You'll Always Find Your Way Back Home- Hannah Montana

Keep yourself grounded. Although you might want to fly the coop, never forget where you came from and remember your roots. Whenever you're missing home, listen to this song and let Hannah Montana make you feel better.

30. Nobody's Perfect- Hannah Montana

And last, but not least, one of the most iconic Hannah Montana songs. Remember that when you mess up it's okay because Hannah Montana says so. Remind yourself that you are human and WILL make mistakes at some point. A lot of us most likely need to listen to this song once a day.