The Ultimate Girl-Power Playlist For When You're In A Funk

18 songs every girl needs to hear on the daily.

483

Whether it's because of a dip in the self-esteem, a bout of second-guessing, or a tough heartbreak, sometimes girls can fall into a funk that just seems impossible to get out of. While your mom or some of your best friends can coax you out of that low point, there's nothing that hypes you back up to your normal self than some good music.

So why not create a playlist of girl-power songs performed by the baddest ladies out there? Here are 18 songs every girl needs to listen to when on their way to being the greatest they can be.

1. "Run the World (Girls)" by Beyoncé

"Who run the world? Girls!"

It's no surprise our playlist is kicked off by the Queen herself: Beyoncé. If this isn't the female race's very own anthem, I don't know what is. You can bet that we'll be seeing more Beyoncé songs further down the list.

2. "On My Own" by Miley Cyrus

"I need to stop sleeping on myself, wake up and do it on my own!"

Nobody does independent better than Miley Cyrus, whose "IDGAF" attitude isn't only a pure reflection of her true self but admirable as well. Sure, she's a little out there, but no one said you have to swing on wrecking balls to unleash your inner, bada** Miley, so stick out that tongue and do a little twerking to this great, mood-boosting song.

3. "When a Fire Starts to Burn" by Disclosure

"When a fire starts to burn, right, and it starts to spread, She gon’ bring that attitude home"

While this song is one of my favorites to work out to because of the catchy beat I can step in tune with, the lyrics definitely can't be overlooked. This song not only brings out the dance moves, but it also brings out the fierce model side in all of us.

4. "Break Free" by Ariana Grande

"This is the part when I say I don't want ya, I'm stronger than I've been before"

In this song, Ariana teaches us how to make the biggest power move of all time: by telling the boy that broke your heart how much better you are without them. Only then will we break free.

5. "Diva" by Beyoncé

"I'm a diva; best believe her; you see her; she getting paid"

Yet another lady anthem girls can feel their most confident while listening to.

6. "International Smile" by Katy Perry

"That girl's a trip, a one way ticket, Takes you miles high, so high"

This song will easily get stuck in your head, but for all the right reasons.

7. "Formation" by Beyoncé

"Okay, ladies, now let's get in formation"

Beyoncé's whole album, "Lemonade," is filled with salutes to women across the globe, including this platinum single. So grab your girls before a fun night out and crank up this tune.

8. "Sit Still, Look Pretty" by Daya

"Oh, I don't know what you've been told, but this gal right here's gonna rule the world"

I wasn't a fan of this song until recently, when I realized what it was about. Daya sings about not needing to rely on a man to make her happy, or to give her permission to do what she wants; her song is her way of telling men to screw off, that she (and plenty of other women out there) can handle herself.

9. "Better Man" by Little Big Town

"Saying to myself, you know you had to do it I know, The bravest thing I ever did was run"

Some of you are probably wondering why a sad, slow song would make an appearance on this list, but this song has hidden gems in it that emphasize the strength a heartbroken girl can come up with.

10. "You Don't Own Me" by Grace ft. G-Eazy

"You don't own me, Don't try to change me in any way"

This song is perhaps on the opposite end of the spectrum from "Better Man," but it still highlights the strength of a girl in the face of a man who thinks it's a good idea to try to cage her.

11. "Kill 'Em with Kindness" by Selena Gomez

"We don’t have to fall from grace, Put down the weapons you fight with"

This song actually addresses the rut girls can fall into after a girl vs. girl conflict. Maybe you fought with your best friend, or a different girl you never got along with was throwing some shade. It's important to be the bigger person, because not only will it make you feel better, but the action catches on and soon there won't be anymore conflict to deal with.

12. "Feeling Myself" by Nicki Minaj ft. Beyoncé

"Cause we dope girls we flawless, we the poster girls for all this"

Ladies' anthem #347843935 by Beyoncé and the always-fierce Nicki Minaj.

13. "Confident" by Demi Lovato

"'Cause this is my ground, And I'm dangerous, And you can get out, But it's all about me tonight"

There's nothing wrong with pampering yourself, and there's definitely nothing wrong with showing yourself off every once in a while. Dedicating time and energy to you and you alone isn't a crime, so go ahead and do it.

14. "Daddy Lessons" by Dixie Chicks ft. Beyoncé

"Came into this world, Daddy's little girl, And daddy made a soldier out of me"

Sometimes the greatest support we could ever need to be the best version of ourselves comes from men, but only the greatest men in the entire world: our dads.

15. "Kanye" by The Chainsmokers ft. sirenxx

"I wanna be like Kanye, I'll be the King of me always"

An easy song to dance to comes with great lyrics about a girl believing in herself and doing things her way, much like Kanye does.

16. "Blow Me (One Last Kiss)" by P!NK

"I'll dress nice, I'll look good, I'll go dancing alone, I will laugh, I'll get drunk, I'll take somebody home"

P!NK's been known to call things out as they are, and in this song, she calls out her crappy boyfriend for who he really is: a crappy boyfriend. She also mentions everything she'll be able to do now that she doesn't have him, so remember the pros of being who you are on your own, because you are capable of so much.

17. "Needed Me" by Rihanna

"I was good on my own, that's the way it was"

Sometimes the best versions of ourselves come out not when we're around certain people, but when we're by ourselves.

18. "Grown Woman" by Beyoncé

"I'm a grown woman, I can do whatever I want"

Of course, the best way to finish the playlist is with a Beyoncé song. If "Run the World" isn't the female anthem, this song is. I highly encourage every girl to listen to it at least once a day. The name of the song says it all, as well as the featured lyric. We are grown women, and we can do whatever we want.