To The Girl Who 'Will Never Be A Feminist,' You're Not Welcome Here

I don't want you on the feminist bandwagon.
3019

Hey girl, A for effort but did you do any research?

First of all, the wage gap is real.

I’m sorry to have to tell you this but, asking your friends about how much they make doesn’t count as research. Since you asked your friends about their pay gap I thought I would point out that as women get older the gap gets larger.

A woman from the ages of 20-24 makes 96% of what men do. So technically your friends aren’t making that much less than men. A simple google search of “the pay gap” gives you MULTIPLE current articles about it and the effects it is having on woman’s retirement.

At the rate that this gap has been closing, there won't be equal pay till 2119.

We want more than basic rights.

Your argument of Saudi woman just now being able to drive is invalid. It is beyond AMAZING that these women are finally getting this, in your words, basic right but, Relative Privation doesn’t work here. Yes, these women are still fighting for rights that Americans have already fought for but what you missed is that WHITE MEN NEVER had to fight for these “basic rights." Just because these women are winning their battles slower than us doesn’t mean we're done with this war.

Rape culture. I'm glad you mentioned it.

One out of every 10 people raped is a man. That means women are 9 times more likely to be raped than men. Feminists are not saying men don’t get raped. Feminists are not saying that “all men are misogynistic assholes.” We are also not generalizing a whole group of people based on a few actions as you say. We do however not neglect the facts. One out of every 6 American women has been the survivor of an attempted or completed rape.

I do have hard feelings, but it's because you're dead wrong, not because you're not a feminist.

I shouldn’t have to go to protests in a “pussy hat” just to make my points. The fact that women have to do “ridiculous” or “pointless” feats just to get media coverage is absurd. It is because of people like you that we get a bad name. I am not trying to attack you in any way but next time if you wanted to attack a whole generalization of people at least have your facts right.