For The Girl Falling For The 'Too-Good-To-Be-True' Guy

The basic set-up of the wrong guy.

232
WU Eye

On paper, he's everything you want. He's funny, intelligent, caring, hardworking, determined... and your family LOVES him. So what's wrong with him?

The Hook:

He'll do anything to get you to fall in love. Those shoes you've been crying over, he bought them. That midnight snack you tweeted about... it's on your front door and your phone just rang, him telling you to go look outside. And you will fall in love.

Women are not weak and we are not stupid. But some of us love so hard that we become blind to the little things that we should be watching out for. We are victims of sweet talk, we hear "you look amazing tonight," and we swoon. It's not because we're desperate it's because something inside us is prone to fall for the right words. If you have fallen for that guy, don't worry... we all have.

The Line:

This boy is smooth. He knows what you want to hear, even if he doesn't mean it. Don't worry though, we all get caught up in the line. This is where we lose a little bit of ourselves to see what he wants. You're changing your humor, the way you dress, how much makeup you do or do not wear, and the friends you're hanging out with.

You won't even notice it either... you'll think everything is normal and happy; but in reality, that 'little bit' turns into more and more. BUT you won't notice it because you're too busy being in love.

The Sinker:

This could range from a lot of things guys can say. In my experience it's been, "I've never been with anyone as good for me as you", "I think I'm falling in love with you" OR my favorite, "I love you." IT'S ONLY BEEN A MONTH. 9/10 times it's all a lie and they're just trying to tie you down.

They don't love you. I don't believe you can fall in love in one month... I'm not sitting here taking a swing at love because I do believe it... but I also believe in lust, and we all believe in lust.

It's okay if you fall for this while you're young, but the older you get the wiser you should be. Don't fall for the guy who watches your twitter and gets you that kit-kat you've been wanting; fall for the guy who listens when you speak, buys you a book of poetry because one reminded you of them, folds your laundry when you're sick, and doesn't mind walking your dog late at night.