8 Girl Codes Every Lady Needs To Live By

5. Don’t let your friend go to a party by herself.

158
Tumblr

Ever wonder what those hidden rules about girls is all about? Well they are girl codes that every girl should live by in order to stay thriving, each serve a purpose in numerous situations. One major reason girl codes were established was to prevent friendships from ripping apart. Not sure what some of the codes are? Well here my top 8 Girl Codes you need to live by.

1. Don’t date your friend’s ex.

In case this one isn’t self explanatory, exes are off limits! Just imagine the amount of hurt, guilt and betrayal your friend will feel if you start dating their ex. This will make your friend feel as if the both of you liked the same guy to begin with and he choose you instead of her in the end. Heartbreaking!

2. Don’t add your friend’s boyfriend/ex/possible bae on social media without permission.

Unless your friend gives you permission, do not add their boyfriend/ex or possible bae on any social media platforms. Your friend may not feel comfortable with you seeing the life of the guy. Stop the stalking! This can make her feel insecure and vulnerable to the situation, so ask before you do.

3. Don’t right swipe on your friend’s ex.

They broke up and you see his profile. You shouldn’t right swipe of your friends ex ever! You probably know the reason as to why they broke up in the first place and I’m sure you don’t want getting hurt either! Your friend will feel a jealous and angry if you were to tell her you matched with her ex. To avoid that from happening make sure to left swipe that profile and move on.

4. Don’t let your friend go home drunk with a guy.

Absolutely not! If your friend is unable to speak straight don’t allow her to go home with a stranger! Yes I get that you should live in the now, but also be aware of how confused she will be in the morning with a stranger next to her. Let her sober up and then let her decide, otherwise grab her and don’t let her out of your sight!

Parties are fun but they can also be highly dangerous. If you allow your friend to go to a party by herself she may end up getting hurt and not being able to find her way home. Have someone in the friend group tag along to keep an eye out for her.

6. Don’t fight over a guy.

We can all agree that Guy’s can be hard to resist but believe me they are not fighting over. If you and your friend end up liking the same guy you must talk it out. Odds are it will be best for the both of you to drop him and find a guy most suited for you. Additionally don’t let a guy be the reason you two are alway fighting all the time, this is not a healthy relationship and once again guys are not worth losing a friendship.

7. Don’t grind on your friends boyfriend at bars/clubs/parties.

There’s a huge difference between innocent dancing and full on grinding. If your friend’s boyfriend offers to dance make sure its 100% okay with them and make sure to keep your distance. Avoid full on body contact and remember this is your friend’s boyfriend not yours!

8. Tell your friend if their boyfriend/possible bae messages you.

If your friend’s boyfriend or possible bae is messaging you heart emojis and being flirtatious drop him, delete him, block him. This can be hard to bring up to your friend and you shouldn’t try to downplay it either, this will allow your friend to realize what kind of guy they truly are. You also don’t want your friend looking like a fool with this guy thinking he can get away with getting around.