Olivia Pope Is The Ultimate Girl Boss

8 Ways To Be A Girl Boss, As Told By Our Queen, Olivia Pope

Consider it handled.

86
Olivia Pope

If you don't know her, Olivia Pope is a fictional character on ABC's "Scandal." But she's also one of the greatest girl bosses on TV. She's beautiful, funny, determined, and vibrant. Not only that, she's a big believer in getting justice and not settling until the job is done. Whether you watch her on TV or not, here are some lessons that she taught me how to be a girl boss.

1. Know your worth

One thing that's absolutely necessary is to know your worth. You were bought at a high price and shouldn't take that lightly. You are not an object or a doormat. So, kindly remind others that you are no less, or more, important than they are.

2. Don't give up so easily

Listen, life happens. We're not born into this world with a free pass that excuse us from rough moments, let alone a rough life. But it'll all be a waste if you don't decide to do something with what you went through. Accept what happened and move on from it.

3. Remember that you're never out of options

Yes, there will come a day when you feel as if there's nothing left to do in your situation. And it may seem that way! But as a girl boss, you need to know that that is a lie in itself. There's always a way to get to where you're called to be.

4. Lift others up

You weren't meant to be in this world alone. Let alone get to your purpose alone. So to be the person you want to be, you will need to help others along the way. You wouldn't want people to belittle you as you are figuring out your purpose in this life, so don't do it to others. Please don't.

5. Recognize when it's time for something to end

There's no use in trying to revive a dead plant, so don't try to revive a dead relationship. To be honest, it may not even feel dead. But as the saying goes, when a plant dies, it's not the plant, it's the environment that it's in. So when something starts to suck the life out of you or gets you involved in situations that don't help you grow, know it's time to end it.

6. Set goals for yourself, even if they feel too big

A girl boss never got anywhere without a plan. So, set one.

7. Earn respect, don't expect it

You can't belittle people and expect praise. Life doesn't work that way. And being nice is not weakness; rather, it earns respect, which can lead to opportunity. And a good girl boss doesn't let opportunity run astray.

8. Don't forget to have fun!

Who said you couldn't be successful and have fun? So have fun and bring others along the way!

We live in a culture where exclusivity, selfishness, and greed is said to be the only way to success. And that if you don't get your hands a little dirty, then you'll never reach that "purpose" you're striving for. Olivia Pope is not a perfect human being, no one is. But these little lessons have taught me that success is more than paper, it's a mindset.

So, when you decide to be your own best version of a girl boss, remember what Olivia has taught me. That way, it could teach you to be the greatest, kindest, and most inclusive girl boss you can be!