Kamala Harris And 4 Other Girl Bosses That Prove Women Can Do Anything Men Can Do

Women can do anything that men can do, and these five power house women show that.

69

Other the years, women have been told that they can't do anything that men can do. These five exceptional women have proven all of those stereotypes and those men wrong. Let's take a look at these women who have chosen to break barriers for women everywhere.

1. Kamala Harris

Kamala Harris made waves this year becoming the first female Vice President elect, running alongside Joe Biden in the 2020 Presidential Election. Harris has been breaking barriers for years, always proving that women can do anything that men can do.

She is the daughter of Jamaican and Indian immigrants, coming all the way to America to pursue the American dream. Her mother, Shyamala Gopalan Harris, a physician and her father, Donald Harris, an Economics professor. Kamala made history in 2011 becoming the first African-American, first woman and first Asian-American woman to become the Attorney General of California. She was also the first African-American woman to represent California in the Senate. Kamala has been making waves for young women and women of color all over the country.

2. Jessica Alba

Jessica Alba started her career off in Hollywood as an actress, starring in many amazing films such as Fantastic Four, Never Been Kissed, Escape from Planet Earth and many other amazing movies. She recently teamed up with Christopher Gavigan to form The Honest Company, a wellness brand that has cleaning supplies, baby products and beauty and skin care products. Alba has made a name for herself in not only acting, but the business world as well, having her company make just shy of one billion dollars.

3. Reese Witherspoon

Reese Witherspoon, actress, business woman and author all rolled into one. This famous actress, most notably recognized for playing Elle Woods in the 2001 film, Legally Blonde, launched a clothing business in 2015. Witherspoon's clothing business is named Draper James, named after her grandparents, and it has a mix of that southern flare that Reese loves. She also recently released a book in 2018 called Whiskey in a Teacup, and it is all about what growing up in the South taught her as a woman.

4. AOC

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, or better known to all of us as AOC, is the congresswoman for New York's 14th Congressional District. Cortez made waves in 2018, being elected as the youngest woman, at the time, to ever be elected into Congress. She pulled off a record win in 2018 over Jospeh Crowley during the midterm elections. AOC hails from the Bronx, a born and raised New Yorker, now representing her home city in congress. Cortez was also in a Netlfix documentary titled Knock Down the House following many young women's campaigns during the midterm elections in 2018.

5. Drew Barrymore

Drew Barrymore, a famous actress and co-founder of Flower Films has been making waves since the start of her career. She is the co-founder of Flower Films, which was founded in 1995, giving us many iconic films like Charlie's Angels and 50 First Dates. Many of these movies Drew also starred in or made an appearance in. Now, not only as the multi-million dollar actress co-founded a movie making company but she also launched a collaboration with Walmart to give you 200 plus ways to furnish your home.