The Importance Of Being A Girl Boss

The Importance Of Being A Girl Boss

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. - Helen Keller

33
The Importance Of Being A Girl Boss
Pinterest.com

Recently, I finished reading Girl Boss by Sophia Amoruso. First of all, I highly recommend reading it, because it’s amazing and so inspiring. But back to the point of this article, the book has made me realize the importance of being a girl boss. There is no true definition of a girl boss because it really is what you make it to be. That’s what I love about it, there is no one label, no name or specifications. You can do whatever you want! What matters is that you are successful in your own eyes.

There are so many girls at my school that don’t recognize their full potential. I want every girl to see that there is so much going for them and that absolutely nothing is stopping them. One of the most disappointing things is when a young girl is held back by an obstacle. Something I see too often in today’s society are girls being held back by their boyfriends or their friends.

In a lot of relationships, I think that girls feel like they have to put on an act to impress their significant other or change to make them happy. These wise, beautiful, and daring young ladies are forced to shut down their dreams and ideas just for one other person. Just think of how silly that is! If a girl wants to go to business school, open up her own coffee shop, and start a successful blog, then so be it! No one should ever feel held back because of another person’s doubts.

Whether it be an excuse, or maybe even a person, you should never let anything hold you back from your dreams. The only way you will ever be able to weed out the negativity of others, and their opinions, is to be confident in yourself. To be a true girl boss, you need to believe in yourself. Looking to others for acceptance and pity will not get you anywhere.

Once you show the world that you can do anything you put your mind to, they will then follow, and begin to believe in you. It’s a good representation of how self-centered a lot of people can be, but it should really just give you more motivation to go out and prove them wrong!

At the end of the day, if you are happy with yourself and what you have accomplished in your life so far, you’re totally a girl boss! No matter what you do, I encourage every girl to find something to be proud of and turn it into something bigger every day. Grow into a better you each day and be satisfied with your achievements. You were made to be awesome, so go out and do just that!