6 Gifts That Keep Giving This Holiday Season

Happy gift giving!

60

Christmas time is the most wonderful time of the year! For many families, it is a hard time due to financial stress. This Christmas season, consider giving gifts that keep giving, like a helping hand to a family in need.

1. Donate old winter clothes that you no longer wear

Christmas time is filled with new gifts and clothes, so it only makes sense to clean out your closet! Find some winter coats or clothes that no longer fit, or you no longer wear and donate them to a family that needs warm winter clothes.

2. Bake cookies for a family in need

Baking is a fantastic activity you can do with family and friends. Instead of baking goods for yourself, consider bringing your cookies to a family in need. You never know, it might brighten their day and put a smile on their face!

3. Volunteer

This season can be tough for many families. Take some time out of your day to volunteer at a local homeless shelter or animal shelter. Giving of your time is a gift that is priceless.

4. Mail letters to soldiers overseas

Christmas is a beautiful time of the year, but often we forget about the families that do not get to spend Christmas with all their families. This year, get your family together to write letters and make Christmas cards for soldiers fighting overseas. After all, they are scarfing their lives for us, so the least we can do is send them a letter that will make them smile.

5. Donate old toys to the Salvation Army or a family in need

For children, receiving toys is such a fun part of Christmas. Search through your house and find some old toys that you no longer use, and give them to a family that needs toys for their children.

6. Collect school supplies for a school in need

As a teacher, school supplies are so essential to have in a classroom. Many families and teachers do not have the money to afford school supplies for an entire class. Instead of spending five dollars on a coffee, pay five dollars for a package of paper or a set of pencils that can be used in a classroom.

The Christmas season is an exciting time that is filled with gift giving and receiving. I hope you will consider rethinking your gifting traditions and give these gifts that will make a family smile. Have a Merry Christmas!