15 Gifts For People You Don't Know Too Well

Sometimes you really like a person even though you don't know much about them.

14779
Unsplash

Your son's music teacher, your cubicle neighbor, the secret Santa exchange you signed up for; what do these all have in common? They're people you don't know very well, but need to buy a Christmas present for. Some people have a sixth sense for picking presents out when they're not close with the gift-receiver. I, unfortunately, am not one of those people. Instead, I've compiled a list of sixteen presents I consider "go-to" gifts when I need a present,

1. Socks

Alpaca fur socks, aloe-infused socks, fuzzy socks, cute socks; you've got lots of options here. As long as you avoid a pack of Hanes and get a little creative here, no one is ever really as disappointed with socks as children in movies are.

2. A Blanket

Blankets make a fantastic present, especially in the wintertime. A person can never have too many blankets, especially when it's cold out. Fuzzy, weighted, heated, mermaid-style; there are lots of blankets and each kind makes a great gift!

3. Headphones

While I've never lost a pair of headphones, I do find that mine break frequently, and a lot of people I know have the same problem. Headphones are a great stocking stuffer, white elephant present, or a gift for anyone. Eventually, they'll need them.

4. Gift card

You can never go wrong with a gift card. Minimal effort, maximum enjoyment; plus you've got hundreds of options to chose from.

5. Mug filled with goodies

Mug gift sets are perfect for everyone! It's part short-term enjoyment, part long-term enjoyment, and overall a sweet gift.

6. Candle

There's no such thing as too many candles. Try a scent for the season or change it up with something you think your gift receiver will enjoy.

7. Gift basket

Go big or go home with a gift basket! Pick one with a chocolate theme, an outdoor theme, or any other theme your person will enjoy! You can find adorable gift baskets anywhere.

8. Mug

Again, I say: there's no such thing as too many mugs. Big, little, or somewhere in between; plain, clear glass, adorned with a cute saying or picture - chances are, whoever you're buying for doesn't have the mug you're getting them.

9. Wine glass

Wine glasses make for very tasteful gifts. If you want to be particularly creative, go stemless and glass-free with plastic or silicone stemless glasses.

10. Ornament

There's nothing wrong with this classic gift, especially when there are thousands of ornament designs to chose from.

11. Scarf

Scarf

Keep them cozy in this chilly weather! Knit one if you've got the time or buy a nice comfy one that will protect their neck from the cold!

12. Portable phone charger

So many people don't realize how helpful this gift is until they have it. Take them to festivals, on camping trips, or just give your phone a boost when you're out and about.

13. Succulent

Little plants that are very hard to kill work as fantastic presents for anyone. All they require is some sunlight and a little bit of water every once in a while. Succulents are a great way to brighten up a desk or windowsill.

14. Speaker

Who doesn't need a speaker? Blast music at an impromptu work jam session or a small bonfire; whatever the case, speakers are useful for everyone.

15. Small notebook

Perfect for a car, a purse, or a desk drawer, one of these small notebooks will ensure the owner will be able to write down whatever they need, from their grocery list to a poem.

If none of these items are quite right for your present needs, maybe they've given you a few ideas that will have your cubicle neighbor/ white elephant receiver wishing they were as good as you at giving gifts!