The Gift of Giving

The Gift of Giving

How can you buy/give presents that are continuously giving back to a good cause?

17
The Gift of Giving

The cost of Christmas in the United States continues to rise year by year. In 2016, those who are buying gifts have estimated that they will spend $929 as opposed to $882 in the previous year.

This past year was the first time since 2006 that the money designated to the Christmas presents exceeded $900. As gifts get more expensive and prices rise around the globe, the true message of Christmas is persistently muddled by the wrapped goods under the tree.

There are so many pressures surrounding the season including who gave the best/most expensive gift. Why not let 2016 truly be the year of giving and allow your gifts to be ones that continually pay back?

Project Hope: Project Hope is an organization that gives to children what they need all over the globe. This allows someone to browse an online catalogue and select ways to give from all over the price spectrum. One can purchase antibiotics, lab tables and medical supplies all for the benefit of those in need. This year, consider this as a possibility and buy these items for children in the name of those who you are getting gifts for.

Yoobi: Yoobi is a company that specializes in the classroom supplies for children. Complete with colorful notebooks and pencil pouches, this company produces everything a child could need or want for their studies. What this company in particular is doing this Holiday season is that for every purchase a customer makes, Yoobi will be donating a product of their to a classroom in need right here in the United States. Not only do they have enticing items, but you can purchase some for under $5. This company goes to show that there is good to be done right here in our country.

Chardonnay by the Hidden Sea: The Hidden Sea Company is one that mass produces wines of all different styles: chardonnay, merlot and a cabernet just to name a few. There reason for making wine is that the the Limestone Coast, as it has been effected by nature and the water levels rising, offers a unique filtration system that naturally is great for growing grapes. This is a gift that continually gives in that for every bottle purchased, the company donates $2 back to those environmentally conscious groups around the world.

Headbands of Hope: This is a company that is committed to the cause of those affected by cancer. "We believe that headbands are a great way to restore confidence in kids during cancer treatment." It is because of this ideology that Headbands for Hope has promised for every headband sold, one will be given to a child who is battling cancer. This company also donates 10% of their sales to other organizations who are fighting cancer and searching towards a cure.

b.a.r.e. Soaps: b.a.r.e., (bringing antiseptic resources to everyone) is a company that is committed towards making socially and environmentally conscious soaps to the world. Not only are those aspects that this company thoroughly represents, but they also partner with companies in order to make them economically self-sustainable.

Now that you are aware of a couple more gift giving options that you have available to you, I encourage you to not settle in the idea that one must have the most expensive, least tangible gift. Take these ideas and run with them. Research other product that will fit your budget while also being positive from any angle.

This Christmas, gives gifts that continually give while also benefiting the multitude of people, regions and causes.