Cheap Gift Ideas

10 Gift Ideas For College Students That Won't Break The Bank

Cheap gift ideas for college students, gifted by a college student.

22

Your paycheck isn't coming until Friday, and you're short on cash. Here are some free or low cost gift ideas to give to a family member, friend, or significant other!

1. Homemade Dinner

This one is obvious. Find out what they're favorite meal is and cook it for them! You can have a nice dinner planned with them, or you could just drop it off.

2. Used Book

If you're like me, you have books lying around that you could part with. Why not gift it to someone who would appreciate it? Used books are more heartfelt than new books or gift cards, anyways.

3. Scrapbook 

You have those pictures on your phone, why not print them out? Put some heartfelt notes and stickers in a book next to the pictures, and you're done.

4. Write a Letter

Do your loved ones really know how much they mean to you? Tell them! Write a letter about how much you appreciate them and specifics about your relationship. The more personal the better.

5. Spotify Playlist 

The new mixtape. Make a playlist of all the songs that remind you of them, and share it with them! They can listen at their own leisure.

6. Wish.com

This one you have to plan for in advance-- their delivery system isn't the best. But a lot of stuff on there is FREE, you only have to pay for shipping.

7. Poetry

Nothing is more personal than sharing your creative work with another person. Give them a personalized poem, or just a poem that reminds you of them.

8. Personalized Screensaver

Do they have a computer? Tablet? Phone? Hopefully they have something that requires a lockscreen. Make them a collage or a customized background that you know they'll love.

9. Regift 

Make sure to let them know it's a regift! Write a note about how you're passing something on.

10. Your time! 

Plan a day just to hang out with them! Plan activities like watching movies, picnics, or even just lounging around on the couch.