13 Best Gift Card Ideas For College Students This Christmas

13 Best Gift Card Ideas for College Students this Christmas

Picking out a Christmas gift is no walk in the park, and sometimes... a gift card is your best bet.

1440
https://www.pexels.com/photo/have-a-very-merry-christmas-greeting-card-1530268/

If you are going to give a gift card for Christmas, it HAS to be a good one. If not, you are just going to look lame. Let this list of the 13 best gift card ideas for college students ease your mind a little bit.

Walmart/Meijer

Grocery money... need I say more why this is so valuable to a broke af college student? Didn't think so.

Uber/Lyft

This is the most obnoxious thing to pay for as a college student, in my opinion. Paying to get home safe and not drink and drive, shouldn't smart choices like this be free? Well, they aren't. Therefore, Uber/Lyft gift cards make KILLER presents.

Favorite fast food

As much as college students love money for the grocery store, what we love more is money for food that we don't have to cook. Subway, McDonalds, Taco Bell, all great ways to make sure your college student is staying fed.

Target

Target is a beautiful store full of anything you could ever imagine. Target is a place that tells you what you need. Giving a Target gift card is like giving a college student the world.

Amazon

If you can't find it in store at Target, then you're definitely going to find it here. Amazon prime is a college student's best friend, therefore an amazon gift card is about the equivalent of gold.

Speedway (or any other gas station)

FREE GAS?!?!?! HE*L YES. Plus, giving this card could help your broke college student make it back home again for a visit.

VISA gift cards!!!

You can use them anywhere and everywhere. They can get whatever they want. If you're going to give cash, just buy a VISA gift card. It's the classier way to just give cash.

Bed Bath & Beyond

Ahh Bed Bath & Beyond... emphasis on beyond. This place has everything a college student could ever want but can't ever afford for their dorm/apartment. Make their interior design dreams come true!

Starbucks/Biggby

College cannot happen without caffeine. However, tasty caffeine gets expensive. A Starbucks gift card might just be the reason a college student graduates.

TJ-Maxx

TJ-Maxx is another great store college students love to shop at because things are already marked down from their original price. Support the addiction. Buy the gift card.

Ticketmaster 

This is one I don't think most realize are out there. BUT IT'S REAL! Everyone loves a great concert, especially college-aged kid. What we love even more, free concerts. This gift could just make you the coolest parent out there.

Best Buy

Headphones, chargers, phone cases, etc. There are endless things within the walls of Best Buy that every college kid needs.

Local oil change destination station 

This gift might not be the most fun, but I know I personally HATE paying for my oil changes. That $50 could be spent on just about anything else and make me way happier. However, it has to be done. You might not get that air restricting Christmas day rejoicing hug with this gift, but it's definitely a winner.

Any gift card purchased off this list is guaranteed to put you on your college student's nice list this year.