12 Movies To Get You Through Family Night
Film

A list of movies to watch when you are with you parents or family.

43

Sometimes it's hard trying to find a good movie to watch especially if you want it to be family-friendly. The worst is when you think you have picked a good movie, and out of nowhere a risky sex scene comes up and everyone feels awkward.

1. "Instant Family"

"Instant Family" is a really cute movie about a couple who are looking to adopt kids and gives you an inside look of just how hard it can be to do so. They add just enough humor in the movie to make you laugh but also keep the seriousness of the storyline.

2. "On the Basis of Sex"

This movie is very uplifting and gives you a look into how women were treated in the '70s. It's the life story of current Supreme Court justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg when she was a lawyer and looking to make a difference for women — not only women working in law, but working anywhere. Ginsburg started a movement that would later catch on and force society to treat men and women more equal.

3. The whole Harry Potter series

You can never go wrong with Harry Potter. With eight movies in the series, you can binge watch them all weekend. They are the perfect amount of funny and magical and the family will love the plot of the books.

4. "13 Going on 30"

This movie may be better for a mother-daughter movie night, but it is funny and I'm sure the whole family will love it.

5. "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days"

This is one of my all-time favorite movies. It's about a woman who works for a magazine and writes articles on fashion, women's health and everything in between. She decides to write an article about how to lose a guy in 10 days... you'll have to watch the movie to see how it ends.

6. "Grease"

This is an older movie, but it will always be a goodie. "Grease" is about these high school kids in the '50s and what they do in their free time from school. It is definitely one of the best movies and your parents will love to watch it.

7. "Footloose"

Whether you watch the old or new "Footloose," you won't regret it. This movie is about high school kids who are living in a town where dancing and listening to rock music is illegal. With a new kid coming to town, who isn't use to the conservative town he tries to change the laws... but will he succeed?

8. "Dirty Dancing"

This older movie is about the typical, girl falls in love with boy-dad doesn't like the boy storyline. With this being the last fun summer Baby can have she is determined to make it the best and dance with the man she loves.

9. "Freaky Friday"

This movie is about a mother and daughter who are complete opposites and they somehow switched bodies. They are unable to figure out how to switch back so they are forced to act like each other and live out their lives as each other until they can find a way to switch back... if that is even possible.

10. Any James Bond movies

Your dads would love to watch any James Bond movie. They are all very action filled and you will not get bored watching any of them.

11. "Crazy Rich Asians"

I actually have not seen this movie, but I have heard great things about it, and the book is very good as well. This movie is about a girl who is dating a guy and finally goes to meet his family and realizes he is one of the most eligible bachelors, so not only does she have to look out for women trying to steal her man she also has to deal with her boyfriends mother... who is not a big fan of hers.

12. Any and all Disney movies

You can never go wrong by picking a Disney movie. Whether it's an older one or one of the new ones, they will always be good movies to watch with the family.