I Teared Up As My Baby Brother Got His First College Acceptance And Wish The Same For All High School Seniors

Esteban, I'm so proud of you!

45
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veK3UFMuEe0

My brother, Esteban, is a senior in high school and is patiently waiting for his college acceptances, just like all seniors in high school around the world. Esteban is really smart and studies very hard. He spends so much time playing video games, so I am confused as to how he gets a 4.0+ GPA each semester. He wants to study Civil Engineering, which he is smart enough to do. I'm studying Environmental Engineering so we got a bunch of smarties in our family. Esteban wants to go to USC or UCLA. I know for sure that he is going to get into those schools.

A student getting his or her first college acceptance is really exciting! Once you read that letter, you stop worrying because you now know you will for sure go to college. My brother recently received that letter. He opened it and guess what? He got accepted into San Diego State University! Lately, it's been getting hard to get into SDSU because everybody wants to come to San Diego. But he received it in January? SDSU must really want him. I am so proud of him because he has done so much to reach this far. I'm excited because I also go to SDSU and it's happy to imagine my brother and I going to the same school. Obviously, if he gets into his dream school then he will attend that one but it doesn't hurt to imagine.

There are so many high school seniors getting their first college acceptance letters and all of them must be really happy and ecstatic. Of course, there will be acceptances and denials. Those denials are going to suck, but everything happens for a reason. You might not be happy at first but think about the positives. You got accepted into a university. Isn't that great?

If you haven't received your first college acceptance letter, it's okay. It's only January. Most students don't get their letters until March. So wait because you have time. Take this time to focus on school. It's your last semester as a high school senior. You will never have another semester in high school. Enjoy the happy moments with your friends because trust me, everything is going to be okay. You will get into college. I promise.