7 Ways To Make Finals Week A Little Less Painful

It's the final countdown... no pun intended

26
Lindsey Ramsey

This is the week that every college student dreads. Summer is coming and your GPA...yikes. Being a sophomore I've picked up on some tips and tricks for getting through finals week. Here are 7 ways to get through finals week!

Take the day off

At College of Charleston we have a reading day. It's the day before finals start, where you can meet with your professors and classmates to study. Well, my friends and I go to the beach. It's a day we spend together and stress free.

Drink coffee

Trust me you'll want the coffee. I'm not a big coffee drinker, but when it comes to studying I need as much coffee as possible. Don't only go to Starbucks, try out all the other cool coffee shops around you. Coffee shops are not only good for drinking coffee, but you can also study in them!!

Study with friends

Studying with your friends helps so much! If you don't understand something, someone is right there to help. They also will help keep you calm from all the stress you're in.

Study one subject a day

Let's say you have 4 finals and they're all at the end of finals week (this always happens to me). So, take one full day and study one subject and do that throughout the week for each exam. Make sure you know the material before you change to a different subject.

Mental health is key

Do not stress yourself out!! Take a break from studying and go for a walk or a run. Drink water!! Take a long shower or color. Make sure you are studying, but also keeping yourself happy and healthy!!

Eat breakfast

Just eat anything!! Feed your body nutrients, so then your brain can get to work memorizing all the material you're about to teach yourself. I can't stress enough how much eating breakfast can change your mood or even your day.

Breathe

It's not the end of the world! Make sure to take breaks while you're studying. Seriously if it comes to it, start meditating in the library. Anything to keep you calm. Just breathe. It will all be over in a week.

I wish you all the best of luck on your finals!! Don't stress yourself out!! You got this!!