How To Get Through Finals Like A Champ
Education

How To Get Through Finals Like A Champ

Finals can be the death of many college students — but with proper techniques and tricks, you can make the best of them.

93
How To Get Through Finals Like A Champ

Being a college student, having five classes or so with almost 40 hours per week designated to studying for those classes, college often seems like a 9-5, full-time job. But when finals come around, things get even crazier. For most of us, we tend to procrastinate, even if we know that the subjects are hard (I'm doing this as I write this article).

But there are many ways to keep one sane, sound, and swimming in this hurricane of events this last week of the semester.

Coffee, Caffeine, You name it 

If you are an avid coffee drinker, or even if you aren't, finals will make you one. Coffee helps keep one awake and helps retain that week-long, all-nighter streak.

Sleep: Snoozing is important 

Contrary to popular belief, sleeping helps brain function as it helps repair and recollects yourself. Sleeping in itself is a healing process for our body, and it's essential to a young college student that studies. Our bodies need to rest just as much as our brains (although some might say our brains never rest this week).

Exercise: Run till you forget about it 

Taking out as much as 30 mins of a day to run, bike, swim or just jog can be beneficial at this time. Allowing our brain to catch some fresh air and allowing us to sense of a world outside of finals.

Eating: Oreos and OJ anyone?

Eating healthy is important. Feeding our brains can be crucial to our ability to remember stuff and not be exhausted. You seriously don't want to go to an exam with an empty stomach — trust me I have done that and all I thought about was the pecan pie in my fridge.

Time Management

Time management is of utmost importance. Sometimes we think: "Oh, I have a few hours to spare..." But we end up wasting 10 hours on YouTube or Netflix. It's a redundant concept but an important one especially when it comes to finals.

Taking a Deep Breath

Take a deep breath after you are done with your finals. We tend to under-appreciate the work we have put into the semester. That said, remember to move on. One bad final doesn't mean the end of the world ( I hope not). But at last, be happy and enjoy the time off because you deserve it. Unless you are a stem major... that's a whole other ballgame (what's rest?).