10 Ways To Get School Work Done Without Throwing It Against A Wall

Let's have a homework date.

87

School work isn't really what one would deem fun. However, there are ways to make doing school work better, as well as reducing the time it takes overall so you can get to the stuff that you actually enjoy doing.

1. Schedule, schedule, schedule!

Make sure that you have enough time to get what you want to do done. Utilize the time that you have in between classes and clubs wisely so that you have your nights to wind down from the day!

2. Incentivize homework

https://www.buzzfeed.com/peggy/17-little-tricks-to-help-you-ace-all-your-tests

Every time you get a task done, reward yourself! Whether it's as little as checking something off your to-do list or an M&M each time you finish a page in your book, it makes you ever so slightly more excited to finish whatever it is that you have to do.

3. Make a bomb playlist

Study Dancing GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY Giphy

While studying or doing light reading, playing music in the background adds an element that makes the task seem a little less monotonous. Add music from your favorite artists or maybe add some epic soundtrack music to pump you up.

4. Have a conducive work area

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpPBb-eBWft/?taken-by=miss_plan_

Figure out where you work best! If that's a coffee shop, go there! If it's a quiet library, go for it! If you'd rather stay in your pajamas, stay in your pajamas! However, if you do that, make sure you have a clear workspace. Beds usually aren't the most conducive for productivity, so grab an empty desk, get some good lighting, and maybe light a candle or two.

5. Block social media

Social media eats time. A minute here and there adds up, and soon you've spent double the time you would've needed to complete an assignment. iPhones have a new feature that allows you to shut off apps for a set amount of time, and there are numerous other apps that do the same (App Detox, Off The Grid, Space, In Moment, etc.). Utilize these to make yourself focus on work!

6. Have an accountability buddy

Casey Lofton

Sometimes it helps to find a productive work buddy to suffer along with you. This can be tricky because sometimes other people can be more of distractors than helpers, but with the right person, you can motivate each other to be productive. Seeing others work makes you more motivated to work!

7. Do the biggest tasks first

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpPGNo8lNoF/?tagged=todolist

Do the biggest tasks you have first so that you are fresh. The more you work, the more burned out you get, which makes you even less likely to start the bigger assignments you have. Also, if you leave little assignments for last, you'll be more likely to want to go ahead and knock them out before the end of the day.

8. Work smarter, not harder

media.giphy.com

Know how your classes work! Know what you need to study to do well on the test. If the textbook material isn't on the test, don't do it (unless it clarifies something from lecture you are struggling with)! If your professor mentioned a certain article 5 times in class, you should probably focus on it! Chances are, you are a busy person. Utilize your study time wisely so you can accomplish everything you need and want to do and kick butt in your classes.

9. Set realistic goals

Spongebob Squarepants Good Luck GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY Giphy

Don't set yourself 300 pages of reading to do in one day and get discouraged when you can't do it all. Split up the reading into doable chunks over a period of time. Don't put 10 tasks on your to do list when you only have time for 4. Not completing your to-do list day after day will discourage you. If anything, make to-do lists smaller than you know you can accomplish and add as you go.

10. Keep your work times relatively consistent

You Got This Kristen Bell GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY Giphy

If you keep your study periods consistent in time and place throughout the week, it will become a habit. Knowing that every Monday you go to Starbucks for three hours and treat yourself to a fancy coffee will not only give studying an incentive but also make it a weekly event. Soon enough, it will become engrained in your day-to-day mindset and your weekly schedule.

Sure, doing the work is tedious af, but that feeling of finishing your work for the day with hours of time left to spend as you please is so rewarding!