Colin Kaepernick is the new face of Nike "Just do it"
Politics

Just Get Over It, Colin Kaepernick Is The New Face Of The Nike Campaign, Big Whoop

Making Kaepernick the face of the "Just do it" campaign was a great decision.

150
Colin Kaepernick on Instagram

In 2016 a quarterback that played with the 49ers named Colin Kaepernick decided to take a knee during the national anthem to start a protest against racial injustice.

Shortly after this happened it became the biggest political debate. One side believes that Kaepernick disrespected the flag and our veterans and the other side understands what Kaepernick is doing and believes that it has nothing to do with the flag but the fact that Black men are being killed while being pulled over by cops.

Now we're in 2018 and obviously, people still have there different opinions on taking a knee during the national anthem granted everyone deserves to have their own opinion. But this debate is resurfacing due to the fact that Colin Kaepernick is now the face of the 30th anniversary of the Nike "Just do it" campaign.

People are pissed, which is funny cause there burning things that are Nike. But the thing is they already paid the 40+ dollars for those things so it's not really hurting Nike. At the end of the day everyone is giving the campaign what it wants; attention.

Since the release of the news of Kaepernick being the face of the "Just do it" campaign people have been bringing up that he "disrespected the flag and veterans." Saying him being the face of the campaign is sending a bad message and is an "attack on the country."

So first let's discuss how taking a knee has nothing to do with the flag or veterans because it doesn't, at all. If Kaepernick had done this protest any other way it would not be getting as much attention as it has been since 2016. He saw an opportunity to stand up for something he strongly believes in and to make it really stand out, and he took that opportunity. It just happened to be taking a knee during the national anthem which got everyone's attention.

Forget about the flag and the national anthem because the protest has nothing to do with it, what it does deal with is the racial injustice that Black Americans face when cops pull them over for the color of their skin but blame it on the "tail light" being out (even though it's not).

Or when an innocent black man is killed by a cop because they "felt frightened" but all the man was doing was getting his wallet. That, that's why people are taking a knee during the national anthem, and if you don't get that then you don't care about equality.

With understanding the protest you understand that making Kaepernick the face of the campaign is not an "attack on the country." His fighting for civil rights, for human rights, that's not an attack, that's standing up for all the racial injustice in the 21st century which is why making him the face of the campaign was a great decision on behalf of Nike because it gives the message to stand up for what you believe in even if you end up losing everything. And that's what the "just do it" campaign is all about.

And while your burning the Nike shoes and cutting up Nike socks that you've already paid for while saying your buying Adidas, just think about this: if Nike hadn't renewed their contract with Colin Kaepernick, Adidas was going to make one with him.