15 ways to become more motivated
Education

15 Tried And True Methods To Get Out Of That Funk You're In

Ways to keep your motivation, and stay positive and grateful!

129

Finals season is approaching.

It's getting close to the end, we're all exhausted, but we still need to push through so all of our hard work doesn't go to waste. But even so, no matter the time of year, everyone can sometimes get into that funk.

I just wanted to share some of the ways that help me stay positive and grateful for where I am at in life. Stay thankful for all the amazing people who love and care about me, and want me to succeed. Having a positive mood, and outlook in everyday life can be life-changing. You can have a positive impact on not only yourself but others around you.

Most importantly know that you are not alone, and there is always always ALWAYS someone to go talk to about what you're feeling, whether it is a loved one or a professional. Don't bury your feelings and emotions away, the best way for self-improvement is self-recognition. Being aware, and, and strong enough to realize that you may not be feeling completely yourself, and that's okay, and there is always a way back to yourself.

So here are some home-remedy tips to get out of that funk you're in and to get back to your beautiful, productive, and positive self!

1.Talk to people about what's going on in your head!

This is something that most people don't do, they try to go through their problems alone. Don't feel like you have to be going through these emotions and feelings by yourself, all your loved ones are there to listen to you.

2. Ask for advice from your parents.

Cause honestly why not, don't be ashamed to go to your parents for help every now and then, that's what they are there for!

3. Try a different workout, maybe some crazy HIIT cardio, or slow it down with some vinyasa flow yoga.

I find switching up my workout game, can absolutely boost my mood, and give myself more energy.

4. Get more involved in a club, sport, or activity that you love!

Investing more energy into something you love, can definitely boost your mood! Or even try something different that you've always wanted to do, it'll help you boost your confidence in your abilities.

5. Or take some much needed time for yourself -- but don't fully disconnect from all the options that can help you.

Sometimes just relaxing and sitting down, taking time for yourself can be the best thing! Just be able to tell when it's time to get back up.

6. Sit down and ask your friends what’s going on in their lives.

This can help put some things into perspective, realizing the world doesn't revolve around yourself, and your problems, can truly seem like a breath of fresh air.

7. Try to stick to healthy eating routine during the week, and let yourself relax on the weekends.

This can make you feel great all week long, and productive, but also you can let yourself have that pizza, and have that to look forward to on the weekends.

8. Try to make time for that hobby you've been putting on the back burner.

There's always an excuse not to do something, so go out there and paint, dance, play your favorite sports, or video games. Just give yourself that time to do something that you truly enjoy.

9. Plan your week in advance, write a check-list of things you'd like to accomplish that week.

Having all of those little goals, and being able to check them off slowly, gives you little senses of accomplish throughout the week.

Have little goals!

As college students, some of our big goals are graduating, landing that dream job, getting Latin Honors, or whatever it may, those goals take a LONG time to accomplish. So setting small goals for yourself can give you the drive to get through the week, and persevere until you reach your huge goals.

Hang out with a puppy.

No explanation needed on this one.

12. Go outside and take a walk.

Seems simple enough, but just going outside and realizing all the beauty around you is humbling.

13. Treat yo self!

A classic way to get a little "pick-me-ups" is to go do something for yourself, even if it's buying that pair of shoes you've had your eye on for a while, or just getting that donut you've been craving.

14. Call/text a loved one, and let them know you're thinking about them

Even having a nice catch-up conversation with someone you love, can once again put your life into perspective. And why not try to brighten someone's day?

15. Try to resonate with every little positive thing that happened in your day

It's easy to look at all the bummers and negative/upsetting things that happen in a day. But if you just try to put those behind you, and as cliche, as it is, but look at the glass "half full" instead, can make the biggest difference in your mood!