5 Ways To Get Organized So You Can Have The Best Semester Yet
College

Whether it's printing out a copy from WebReg or handwriting it yourself, having a copy of your schedule automatically gives you a leg up.

132

I honestly can't believe we've been off for a month and the first day of classes is this week. Regardless of whether you're coming off of a great semester or you're looking to improve everyone can benefit from planning for the new semester. There are five things I do before every semester to prepare myself for success and I'm confident that they'll work for you too.

1. Organize your schedule

Whether it's printing out a copy from WebReg or handwriting it yourself, having a copy of your schedule automatically gives you a leg up. I love to print out a 24-hour planner pdf and hand write my schedule with colorful pens. This will help you remember your professors' names and the classroom numbers before classes even start.

2. Get involved in a club or organization

I firmly believe that getting involved in college is an absolute must! Rutgers makes it so easy to find a club or organization that's perfect for you. Just google RU getInvolved and pick one new way to get involved.

3. Pick out your clothes the night before

This not only saves time in the morning but it also gets you excited for your first day of class.

4. Organize your school supplies

Whether you prefer to take notes with a notebook, binder, or your computer you should have them organized before your first class. I recommend writing the name of your class and the professor on the front of a notebook. If you prefer binders there are plenty of free customizable printables that you can stick in the front of your binder.

5. Buy a planner

Although I love decorating my binders my favorite tool for organization is my planner. Purchase a planner and write down all your major assignments to keep you accountable throughout the semester. If you do this you'll never be surprised that you have an assignment or exam and you'll be able to plan your social life around your assignments.