The Best Ways to Get Food Delivered to You

Late-Night Munchies? Here Are The Best Ways To Get Food Delivered To You In Pitt

Some of the most dependable ways to get late-night food delivered to you in Pittsburgh.

69

We've all been there. It's 11:30 p.m., and you're suddenly starving. What can you do in the beautiful Steel city when it's pushing midnight, but you've got a major case of the hangries?

Relax and have no fear! One of the great joys of the hustle and bustle of city life is being able to eat great any time of the day or night. You can cure your case of the munchies without ever changing out of your comfy PJs or even moving from your couch (at least, until it's time to open the door and tip your delivery person). Here are 10 suggestions for eating great late in Pittsburgh.

1. Pizza Riviera 

Craving crab cake bites, broccoli puffs or breaded mushrooms at midnight? Hop online and order from Pizza Riviera! They feature a full menu of Italian goodies — far more than your average pizza shop.

If you're craving a giant sub on the side, you're in luck. Their menu features well over a dozen sandwiches and gyros — everything from fish to traditional Italian meats. For those who prefer things on the lighter side, they have a host of salads, too.

2. Rumerz Sports Bar & Grill 

What's better than sports bar grub delivered to your door? Thanks to the magic of GrubHub, you can order online even late at night from Rumerz Sports Bar & Grill for a full menu of munchie-busting goodness.

Those who typically turn to the Colonel for chicken will flip for Rumerz's fried chicken sandwich. The provolone, lettuce and tomato make it fresher than anything off of a fast food menu. And it comes right to your door!

3. Tootie's Famous Italian Beef 

Every Wednesday through Saturday, you can enjoy Tootie's Famous Italian Beef until 3 a.m. The rest of the week, they deliver until midnight. And do they ever deliver! Their portions are huge — you've got to try the Mac & Cheese and Chicken sandwich piled a mile high — and the home-cooked flavor cannot be beat!

4. Dijlah Restaurant and Cafe 

If you want to get your baba ganoush groove going without paying a pricey partnership fee, you can order directly online from Dijlah Restaurant and Cafe (also a hookah bar for when you're in a heading-out mood). You'll love the various types of tabouleh that will help you stay healthy even when getting your late night grub on. Plus, many of the dishes are vegetarian and vegan, so you can pat yourself on the back for being kind to our four-legged friends.

5. Silk Elephant Thai Tapas & Wine Bar

In their own words, the Silk Elephant excels at "combining traditional Thai recipes with modern techniques for dishes you won't find anywhere else." Late-night diners must agree, because the Silk Elephant offers food pickup and delivery as late as 10:00 p.m. Plus, they keep their doors open until 10 p.m. every night except for Friday and Saturday, when they're open 'til 11.

If you find yourself craving something slightly out of the ordinary, snack on Silk Elephant's vegetarian-friendly corn fritters or dive headlong into classic Thai dishes like red curry and pad thai.

6. Bakersfield Tacos

Think you've seen everything there is to see in the world of tacos? Not if you haven't been to Bakersfield on Penn Avenue! They're open until 2 a.m. every day of the week, plus they partake in DoorDash and Uber Eats for even more flexibility.

So what's for eats? How about some chips and guac to start with, or maybe some short rib queso. Gather your friends together and get one order of each of their 10 taco varieties — including Huitlacoche (corn truffle, roasted poblano), Hongos (portobello, poblano) and Cochinita Pibil (achiote braised pork, black bean).

7. Ephesus Pizza

So maybe midnight doesn't qualify as that late at night, but the options Ephesus offers makes this hot spot well-worth adding to the list nevertheless. Plus, they do stay open until 2 a.m. on Friday and Saturday. When you can get stuffed grape leaves and falafel for less than $8, count yourself in luck!

You'll adore the selection of kebabs, offering a truly different twist on your usual late-night takeout Chinese or pizza. Although, if you are craving pizza or even a burger, Ephesus has you covered, too, with some truly unique Mediterranean-inspired pies.

8. Buffalo Wild Wings 

While most think of Buffalo Wild Wings when it comes to Sunday football, they deliver until 1:00 a.m. with the help of meal apps. They offer all the traditional sports bar fare, but sometimes, a greasy burger and fries are just what the doctor ordered. And if wings are what you want, you can order from a full range of flavors.

9. Wings Over Pittsburgh

If wings are your thing, you'll adore Wings Over Pittsburgh. On Friday and Saturday, you can order delivery up until 3 a.m. They have a wide array of sauces ranging from super spicy to savory and sweet, and they also offer ribs that will truly stick to yours. Digging french fries? You'll never stop at Chik-fil-A for fries again after getting a bite of Wings' waffle cuts.

10. All India Pittsburgh

When you're in the right mood, nothing but Indian food will satisfy those late-night (or, in this case, early morning) cravings. All India serves great fare even late — they're open until 1 a.m. every day of the week except for Wednesday, when they're closed.

Their menu is as well-rounded as you could hope for, including soups, appetizers and salads, vegan entrees, chicken, lamb, duck, pork, goat and much more. You can dine in or take your food with you — and ordering online is easy and convenient.

Eating Great Even Late

When you live in the city, there's no need to wait for the break of dawn to crack some eggs and sizzle up some bacon. You can enjoy fare from around the globe nearly any hour of the day or night. When you're hangry late in Steelers town, try one of the 10 places above to slake your late-night munchies.