Get Bit By The Travel Bug

Get Bit By The Travel Bug

What's so wrong with being bitten by the travel bug?
Nikki
Nikki
3

As I sit here, somewhere in Canada, I think. Why am I here? What made me decide to come to this little Thai restaurant in the middle of nowhere.

Curiosity?

Adventure?

Boredom?

Probably a little bit of it all…

As I sit here… knowing I really don’t like Thai food I decide to try it anyways. What can it hurt? If I don’t like it, I’ll pack up and go to Tim Hortons or McDonalds. As I also sit here I wonder… Why do I have such a travel bug? Why is it that I love travelling so much?

I think the answer to that is I really don’t know. Something about getting in the car and just driving. Not knowing where I’m going or when I’ll be home. (Other than knowing I have to be home for the 10 am class I have tomorrow) I like the unknown. It terrifies me but I love it.

I think I have been bitten by the travel bug so early in life because I love the adventure. I love seeing different people and different environmental cultures. You wouldn’t think that just over the border would be so drastically different but it is. Different kinds of people, different relationships, different everything.

Could you imagine just up and going somewhere?

Just hop on a plane and go wherever it is taking you.

Now obviously we all know that in this day and age that something like that is something you just can’t do… But we can try, right?

What’s wrong with grabbing a plane ticket to anywhere and going? What’s stopping you?

Time off work?

Or how about the big M word? Yes, you all know what I’m talking about…

MONEY!

You can find a new job or make more money, but you the memories you make along the way is what makes it all worth it. Travel while you can! Do it all! Nothing is stopping you. Money is only paper; you can always make more of it. (Legally that is.)

So here I say, Go! Get out and go! Break out of your comfort zone and do something spontaneous. Go somewhere you haven't been before. What's it going to actually hurt?