Get an inside look at the live action Beauty and the Best movie

Beauty an the beast 25th anniversary edition dvd

10

The tale as old as time is being told all over again! Disney’s Beauty and the Beast, the animated masterpiece that was released in1991 is being made into a live action film set to open in 2017. Recently Disney released exciting news that fans will get an exclusive sneak peak behind the scenes available September 6th on the special edition 25th Anniversary DVD and September 18th on Blue ray, both sets will include behind the scenes footage of the new live action upcoming version. Do I already have every edition of Beauty and the Beast since the 1992 VHS release? Yes. Am I still going to buy the 25th anniversary edition? Yes.

If you haven’t figured out that this is my all-time favorite Disney movie, surprise! It is. Disney is repeating history with this one by giving audiences a sneak peak of the unfinished production AGAIN. They were so confident in the project during its original production that before the film was even remotely close to being done they released the unfinished film early at the NY Film Festival. It was met with great enthusiasm and was a block buster success at its theater release. It went on to receive 21 nominations and 27 awards, including 3 Grammy’s, 2 Golden Globes, and 2 Oscar’s. It was the first animated film to ever win a Golden Globe for Best Picture.

Of its many achievements, the most important has been its timeless connection with audiences, winning over fans who grew up with it over and over again as well as enchanting new ones each year as time goes on. Beauty and the Beast remains an important and impressive film despite the advances made in animation with giants, like Pixar.

The early release of footage was announced September 1st. Director, Bill Cordon, shared a quick message for fans in the trailer for the preview stating:

I was so excited to hear Disney was thinking of doing a live action version of Beauty and the Beast. When something is so perfect why get near it? The answer is, technology has caught up to the ideas that were introduced in that movie.”

You can view the whole behind the scenes footage announcement here.

You know they are talking about creating the Beast and living furniture subjects! And that rose! Who doesn't want to see "Be Our Guest" on the big screen with technology giving it the realistic look many of us have dreamed about?

I will be the first to admit that I was borderline faint with excitement when they announced they were making a live action version. It had been my dream since I was old enough to understand what movies were. I decided at the ripe young age of 5 or 7 that, one day, I was going to play Belle in a live action version. I knew in my tiny little heart that they were going to make it someday, and I was going to be apart of it somehow.

Childish dreams are the sweetest.

At the time I don’t think Emma Watson was even born yet. As I watched her beat expectations as Hermione in my beloved Harry Potter series, I never once thought “there’s a woman who could bring my favorite Disney princess to life”. When they announced her, despite the disappointment deep in my heart that my dream was inevitably never coming true, I could not be happier with their choice! Well, I did envision it as a toss up between her and Natalie Portman. (lets face it I think every movie could be better with Natalie Portman in it) But not a doubt crossed my mind that Emma Watson would do Belle justice.

In the footage they show a clip of the round table reading between Belle and the Beast, voiced by Dan Stevens. Ironically, Belle asks the Beast what he is reading and he replies with “King Arthur and the Round Table” and her response?

Still a romance.”

And, in a typical tortured fashion, the Beast’s deep voice gruffs, “For a lack of change”.

Emma Watson is perfect as the headstrong, positivity radiating Belle and simply the sound of Dan Steven’s voice breaks my heart in the way only my love for the character of Beast can. Despite his absensce in the teaser trailer, the second the piano keys start playing the overture chills spread through my body and my eyes inevitably fill with tears of joy.

Suddenly I am 5 years old again being taught the most important lesson that I will carry with me for the rest of my life. Inner beauty is and has been such a deep and prominent message in my life. It feels like a reward, for being so devoted to this film, is finally being given! “Thank you for 26 years of devotion, here’s the live action version you have dreamed about since childhood.”

Watch the film’s Teaser Trailer here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvJ6UfXA3tk