Everyone Needs to Hear These Georgia O'Keeffe Quotes

15 Georgia O'Keeffe Quotes Everyone Needs To Hear

She's wise, she's funny, and she's wonderful

4281
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_O%27Keeffe

Hello everyone, I want to introduce you all to my favorite artist. Georgia O'Keeffe is a female painter who lived during the 1900's and continuously challenged the norms of society during her time. She dared to live her life by her own rules and to live with adventure. As my favorite artist she was always one to speak her mind and stand firm in her beliefs. She helped to inspire others to reach for their dreams, no matter how terrifying they are, to be themselves and to not apologize for it. She is, Georgia O'Keeffe.

Georgia O'Keeffehttps://www.okeeffemuseum.org/installation/todd-webb/

Take these quotes with you, use them as they come to you. Each person might interpret these quotes into different ways, so utilize them to better help you.

To check out some of her work you can look at the O'Keeffe Museum website here.

Until next time,

Another ADHD Student

1. "I've been absolutely terrified every moment of my life and I've never let it keep me from doing a single thing I wanted to do."

2. "Whether you succeed or not is irrelevant, there is no such thing. Making your unknown known is the important thing."

3. "It's not enough to be nice in life. You have got to have nerve."

4. "I wish people were all trees and I think I could enjoy them then."

5. "I think it's so foolish for people to want to be happy. Happy is so momentary - you're happy for an instant then you start thinking again. Interest is the most important thing in life; happiness is temporary, but interest is continuous."

6. "Where I was born and where and how I have lived in unimportant. It is what I have done with where I have been that should be of interest."

7. "I have already settled it for myself so flattery and criticism go down the same drain and I am quite free."

8. "Nothing is less real than realism. Details are confusing. It is only by selection, by elimination, by emphasis, that we can get at the real meaning of things."

9. "I do not like the idea of happiness - it is too momentary - I would say that I was always busy and interested in something - interest has more meaning to me than happiness."

10. "Take time to look."

11. "You get whatever accomplishment you are willing to declare."

12. "Someone else's vision will never be as good as your own vision of yourself. Live and die with it 'cause in the end it's all you have. Lose it and you lose yourself and everything else. i should have listened to myself."

13. "I am frightened all the time. But I never let it stop me. Never!"

14. "I don't see why we ever think of what other think of what we do - no matter who they are. Isn't it enough to just express yourself?"

15. "I know now that most people are so closely concerned with themselves that they are not aware of their own individuality, I can see myself, and it has helped me to say what I want to say in paint."

Until next time,

Another ADHD Student