Geneseo Reveals Spring Concert 2016

Geneseo Reveals Spring Concert 2016

Free to all students

105
Geneseo Reveals Spring Concert 2016
Google Plus

It's the moment we've all been waiting for. The banner went up in the union and pictures were posted online.

It seemed like the immediate reaction of Geneseo students was to be worried. The fact that it's free for all students makes people question how good it can be. Jokes were made for a couple of days of who it could be -- perhaps Mary Lambert, again? Someone we've never heard of? Geneseo students crossed their fingers, hoping for a great concert, and on Feb. 25 it was revealed.

New Politics with Ponder the Giraffe.

Some students' reactions ranged from, "I have never even heard of them," to "that's awesome! They are great performers!" For those of you who don't think you are familiar with them, check out their song, "Harlem," and "Yeah Yeah Yeah" on YouTube. Chances are that you've most likely heard them before. However, you may or may not have heard of Ponder the Giraffe; they are a three-piece indie band united at SUNY Geneseo, you can check them out here: http://ponderthegiraffe.wix.com/ponder

So, maybe it's not what we all expected or wanted, but we all are on that college budget and the concert is free so we might as well go with friends and have a good time!

They will be performing Sunday April 24 at 8 p.m. in the Kuhl gym. You can get your free tickets at the SA ticket office in the MacVittie College Union, room 113. On sale to the public date is TBD. They are known to put on a fun and energetic show -- so stay optimistic, Geneseo!