Learn how to talk and act like a Gen Z with these phrases

10 Phrases Generation Z Kids Invented, You're Welcome

This is what the kids are saying, these days.

3025

Whoever knew that swag was out and "lit" was in. Our Generation Z has made a list of new slang phrases, and it should be no surprise how many phrases were created by this generation. As new words and phrases are passed down, and since they are relevant, it is important to note what these words and phrases mean. Here is a list of 10 common phrases Generation Zs say, on a regular basis.

Spill the tea

This phrase "spill the tea" is not referring to the Boston Tea Party. Instead, this simply means to spill out any hot gossip or dirt. Whether that be in a friend group or with work life. There is always tea brewing, and someone is always nosy to get the latest gossip and news.

Let's get this bread

This phrase is referring to working hard and staying motivated. Generation Z often posts on Snapchat captioning "let's get this bread" as meaning to "time to work hard and get money," which in this case money is bread. Other alternatives that Generation Z uses is "the grind don't stop."

That's basic

"Basic" is used to describe someone or something that is generic. Whether it be to dressing basic, or having a basic name or way of life. It is often said in a joking way. A basic person conforms to societies expectations of all the current trends and fads going on.

Adulting 101

Generation Z kids, and even late millennial kids are growing up, and the phrase "adulting 101" is one that captures what growing up is like. People may use this when they have mastered a skill that adults do or are doing adult things. Such examples include paying bills, getting jobs/internships, buying a house, and managing finances.

Follow my finsta

Generation Z is notorious for being social media and tech savvy. Instagram is a famous site this group uses as a way to connect with others, and a finsta serves as an extra account for the user to share and post memes, gifs, and all nonsensical things. This account serves as a way for the user to separate more personal and important Instagram pages from the humerus, funny posts about memes.

You got finessed

Cardi B and Bruno Mars made this phrase popular with their infamous song "Finesse." This phrase means that somebody got taken advantage of, or somebody got played. It is often a form of ridicule if someone were to receive this comment, and the person who got finessed would often be angry.

On fleek

The phrase "on fleek" means perfection. Whatever is "on fleek" looks perfect! One popular way people use this term is with eyebrows, and saying how they are on fleek when they are waxed or maintained.

Stay woke

This phrase is used as a way for a person to express how cultured they are. As a term used for gaining new knowledge, it serves as a way for people to know that they have gained knowledge in a social or political movement.

Come through

Instead of "come over" or "join me" come through is a new way to signal to come along. You have been invited, and they want you to join them and have a good time.

Low key

This phrase is used as a way to show some interest in doing something but wants to keep it at low stakes. Yet, the person who says this wants people to know as well. This phrase is self-explanatory and popular as well.