6 Things You Did As A Kid That Make Sense Now That You're Out Of The Closet

"Why am I so obsessed with gay people?" *years later after coming out* "Ah yes, I am a gay people"
560

Before you come to terms with your sexuality, there are some habits you may form that relate to your preferences. Here are 6 things you might have a done as a kid that totally make sense now that you're out of the closet:

1. You were obsessed with gay celebrities or family friends

If a celebrity came out or you found out a family friend was LGBT+ you always just started liking them more than before. The celebrities were always famous but now you looked up to them in other ways and your family friends were tangible examples of being successful and happy as a gay person.

2. You would always ~politely~ stare at gay couples when you saw them in public

You'd be in the grocery store or at the mall and you'd see two men or two women holding hands and automatically they became the most interesting and beautiful thing in that place. You would have a weird urge to talk to them even though you knew that was inappropriate or weird. But they gave you hope (especially if you lived in a conservative town or city).

3. You got excited when a gay couple was shown in a TV show or movie

Your favorite show or movie probably had a person from the LGBT+ community. It amazed and excited you that Hollywood actually showcased someone who was gay!

4. Hearing men say "my boyfriend" or "my husband" and women say "my wife" or "my girlfriend" was somehow therapeutic to you

You'd overhear a conversation and with out realizing, that stranger just came out to you. You found comfort in hearing these words and you automatically felt connected to that total stranger.

5. You always got defensive or hurt when the LGBT+ community was bashed or a gay joke was made

Even though it makes sense now, you used to never understand why homophobic people made you so pissed or why the word "f*g" or "d*ke" made you so uncomfortable.

6. Secretly wanting to be friends with people who came out in your school

You were in middle school or high school and someone would come out. It would be the talk of the school and people probably had more negative than positive things to say. But you were excited! You were proud of them even if you didn't know them. You wanted to run up to them and say "its okay!" or "me too!" but you were still coming to terms with who you were. But regardless of where you were in your self discovery, you definitely wanted to be friends with those who had the courage to come out of the closet.