I Gave Up The Party For The Church

I Gave Up The Party For The Church

My whole life changed.

8975
I Gave Up The Party For The Church
ReadCereal

My life was a mess. I was in my first years of college and was on a mission to find myself. I had been molded by my family to be a person that I was supposed to be, but I was still lost. I had no clue what I wanted to do with my life, and started to do what any wild child does. I partied. Fast forward to a few years later, and I'm a different person than I was then. This is my story. This is how I gave up the party for the church.

I was at a point in my life that I was seeking attention. I wanted attention from every single person I could find. I wanted to be the life of the party, thinking that drinking and staying out all night would make me become "cool." I was going out to bars, hanging out and riding around with boys in trucks. I dressed in what was considered popular, and had no respect for myself. I acted out against my family and started to care more about myself and my friends.

A death happened in my family, and I spiraled even more out of control. My family couldn't tell what was going on, because I was a different person around them. After this death, I went out almost every night. I would stay out until the late hours of the night and I was living for the world.

My life took a change when I met my fiancé. I met someone that I didn't have to impress. My friends that always wanted to go out didn't contact me anymore. Everything in my life settled down, but one thing was still missing.

I prayed and prayed for whatever it was to happen in my life, and my Mom and fiancé (at separate times) brought up going back to church. I knew that it was a sign. My fiancé and I started attending a church in the town that we live in.

The first day that we attended, the message was on Philippians 4 and being a good Christian. It was at that moment that I knew I had found where I was supposed to be all along.

I gave up the party for the church, the barstool for the bible, and the friends that used me for the people that will help me become a better person. I traded in rock bottom for the best place I've been in my life, and all of the sins for all of the love. No, I'm not a person Christian, but I know where I belong.