I Gave Him A Year

I Gave Him A Year

And he gave me everything.

646
I Gave Him A Year
Becca Taft

On December 12th, 2016, the most wonderful guy asked me if I'd be his girlfriend.

On December 12th, 2017, I sit here in his living room, with him next to me, laughing at YouTube videos. I'm listening to his laugh and... I just can't help but feel that I'm the happiest girl alive.

I gave him a year, and in return, he gave me more than I could've imagined.

He gave me a love stronger than I've ever known was possible.

He gave me a pair of warm, loving arms to run into at the end of a long day.

He gave me unwavering loyalty that I've never had to question.

He gave me a smile that I fell in love with, and now look forward to seeing each day.

He gave me complete and total bliss.

He gave me the coziest hugs and snuggles when I've needed them most, and even when I didn't, just because.

He gave me the sweetest kisses whenever I've asked for one, and even when I didn't, just because.

I gave him a year, and he gave me his whole heart. (Spoiler: I gave him mine, too.)

He gave me the most adorable face to stare at all day long.

He gave me all of his trust, and I swear I would never break it, not in a million years.

He gave me a place to retreat to when I'd had enough of my own world.

He gave me unconditional understanding, and never gave me judgement.

He gave me all of the support in the world, and the courage to pursue my dreams.

He gave me a brand new confidence, just by loving me on my best days, my worst days, and every day in between.

He gave me the softest hand to hold through all of life's unexpected moments, and, tbh, in the expected ones too. Just literally all of the time.

He gave me THE. CUTEST. LAUGH. IN THE ENTIRE WORLD to listen to all of the time.

I gave him a year, and he gave me... well, everything. Everything that I never knew I needed. Everything that I never thought was missing from my life, until I met him.

I've never had a love that was so easy. I've never met a man so deeply trustworthy, understanding, and affectionate. He's certainly not perfect, but I love his flaws just as much as I love his strengths. I wish he could always see himself the way that I see him - smart, gorgeous, talented, selfless. My partner in crime. My world.

This past year has been incredible, and I owe that to him. I'm so thankful for him and all that he is. If you're lucky enough to know him, you know that he is the purest, most contagiously happy person to be around. I cherish every single moment that I spend with him, and I look forward to all the ones I'll get to spend with him. I will always be there when he needs me. I will always be his biggest cheerleader and the one he can always count on. And I swear, I'll always love him. Look at that face; how could I not?

Thank you for everything you've done for me. Thank you for being all that you are. Thank you for your unconditional support, loyalty, and love. After a year with you, I can't picture my life any other way. Right by your side is where I belong.

Oh, and I almost forgot...

I love you.

Happy anniversary, baby.