Go To A Gatsby Party At Governors Island

Party With Gatsby On Governors Island

You are cordially invited...

80
Party With Gatsby On Governors Island

Do you like fringed dresses? Champagne? Seer-sucker stripes? Baz Lurhmann's 2013 masterpiece edition of "The Great Gatsby"? Well, here's your opportunity to have all of this and more at the Jazz Age Lawn Party this August on Governors Island in NYC.

Now in its third year, the Governors Island Gatsby party is hosted by conductor Michael Arenella and is accompanied by his orchestra, as well as a number of performers including dancers, singers, and jazz players of world renown. It's not only the performances that are Jazz Age-themed, however: picnic baskets are available for a 20's-inspired luncheon complete with wine, the main dish, a variety of sides, and some delicious desserts. If you're more interested in having a liquid lunch, then you can partake in the party's wide variety of cocktails and wines available, including beer, rosé, and cocktails.

Once you've eaten and drank your fill during the day, party-goers are free to participate in the variety of Jazz Age activities that are presented on the island. Vintage portraits, a good old-fashioned bathing suit competition, a motorcar exhibit, a (boozy) pie-eating contest, dance floors, and a variety of vendors are all open for business, ready to entertain you and your flapper crew. Remember to bring both cash and credit so you are able to buy whatever food or flight of fancy you're interested in!

Tickets to this event start at $45 per person, but if you're feeling bold you can purchase one of their more exclusive packages, which include meals and drinks without the wait. Hurry, though! Tickets go fast, and resold tickets are even more difficult to track down.

If you're interested in getting more information about this real-life Gatsby party, check out the website here. Tickets can be purchased here, and be sure to snap them up soon! August 25th and 26th can't get here soon enough!