How I love to tear the sky in two
Make sure I am prepared
For the inevitable doom I forced myself upon,
The cage I lock myself in
Will keep me safe and sound.
I will decay in this cage.
I want, I must to live a full life
Without any sickness, without any hunger, any famine
My cage was built in my parent's bunker
How I love to watch the birds fly from my shadow-stripped window.
The temperature never changes,
I never touch the thermostat,
I never check the thermometer,
I can feel the heat from the cold,
I feel cold from the metal bars,
Like a frog.
The ice melts faster
I cannot complain.
I watch the TV,
Horrible things will and must happen without me
The shootings, war, famine,
Dying in the streets.
I want to die in my own home
In the suburbs where I belong;
I find the homeless disturbing.
Friends will only get me killed.
A beating heart does not live.
My warm blanket does not betray me,
And I can hug my pillow,
My mind is full of comfort.
Only cowardly heroes die
They seek the importance of death
I seek the conformity of life
They will never live after death.
We all know that the people clawing at the gate
Are bad news
They'll bring their war, famine, and sickness
Inside our home
They are not worth the extra dollars I would spend, otherwise.
For the creeps will claw
Against my protected barrier
Of understanding, there is none from them
My eyes look within their soulless husks
And my privileged heart lives without grief
The bloody beak pecks at the cold metal bars
As the Raven asks if I must stay inside
I decline his invitation
For I must hide from this bird with blood-lust
And I must ignore the humanity around me
- Odyssey Community at The Narrative ›
- Intersectionality 101: Understanding Your Privilege And Oppression ›
- Suburb | Definition of Suburb by Merriam-Webster ›
- Boiling frog - Wikipedia ›
- Poetry Foundation ›
- Ignorance | Definition of Ignorance by Merriam-Webster ›
- Politics : NPR ›
- Satire - Wikipedia ›
- Zillow: Real Estate, Apartments, Mortgages & Home Values ›
- Amazon Echo - Black (1st Generation): Amazon Devices - Amazon.com ›
- Echo chambers are dangerous – we must try to break free of our ... ›
- The Reason Your Feed Became An Echo Chamber — And What To ... ›
- Echo chamber (media) - Wikipedia ›
- Ignorance Is Bliss | Definition of Ignorance Is Bliss by Merriam-Webster ›
- Social privilege - Wikipedia ›
- What Is a Gated Community? Pros and Cons of Buying a Home Inside ›