The 'Game Of Thrones' Finale Was So Poorly Written

The Final Season Of 'Game Of Thrones' Is One Of The Worst Written In Television History

All men must die..... or maybe just the ones who wrote this script.

683

Warning: There will be spoilers for the final season of "Game of Thrones" in this article.

If you've been on the internet for more than two seconds, there is a good chance that you've seen fans' reactions to the final season of "Game of Thrones." In fact, some of you may be pretty sick of hearing it. But since there are no more episodes coming out, you'll probably never have to hear about it again, so I'm going to get out one more rant for old time's sake.

Now bear with me as I talk trash about this show.

The final season of "Game of Thrones" was so poorly written, it is honestly insulting to everyone who watches the show and most importantly, to all of the people on and off set who put so much hard work into the show. In the span of only a few episodes, D&D (the writers David Benioff and D.B. Weiss) managed to contradict everything that happened in all the previous seasons, as well as take entire character arcs and just throw them out the window.

The finale episode is the most half-assed conclusion I have ever seen written.

Jon having to kill Daenerys? Predicable and boring. And don't even get me started on them picking Bran to be the king. Why would anyone think that was a good idea? He himself said he couldn't be a Lord of anything because he is The Three Eyed Raven. He doesn't even have emotions anymore. What about that qualifies him to be a good king? Because he can see the past? Just read one of the books in the library if you are so concerned about remembering the past. Of all the people that could've sat on that throne and that's the decision you make? What was the point of bringing up that Jon was a Targaryen if they weren't going to use the plot line at all?

Nothing felt satisfying about the last episode whatsoever.

Having Cersei be killed by a bunch of rocks when literally everyone in Westeros wanted to kill her? Disappointing. The fact that they finally decided to give Jaime his rightful character development, but then promptly throw it right back in the garbage by making him run straight back to Cersei was ridiculous.

Everything about the final episode is just inexcusable, especially considering all the work the costume designers, set designers, stunt choreographers, cinematographers, actors, visual effects artists, and many more put into making this show so innovative and visual appealing. It's honestly an insult to them and soils the memory of a once-amazing show.

Farewell, "Game of Thrones." It's unfortunate that you ended so horribly, but I respect everyone involved for making such a great show for seven seasons. (We'll just forget the last one happened).

From Your Site Articles