It hasn't even been a month since I finished Game of Thrones, and I already miss it. For those of you who find yourself in the same position I'm in, I made a list of some of my favorite quotes from the show.
1. "Tell Cersei I want her to know it was me." - Lady Olenna
Lady Olenna was always a bad bitch. My jaw dropped when these were her last words.
2. "Theon, you're a good man." - Bran Stark
One of the best character developments of all time.
3. "Winter is coming." - Ned Stark
And it definitely came.
4. "The North remembers." - The North
We will always bend the knee to House Stark.
5. "When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground." - Cersei Lannister
This quote kind of set up the entire show. I was no fan of Cersei, but I admired her intelligence and strategy. After all, don't hate the player, hate the game.
6. "Dracarys." - Daenerys Targaryen
If I were to ever hear her say these words, I would just start running.
7. "Any man who must say "I am the king" is no true king." - Tywin Lannister
I thought this was one of the wisest quotes from the show, and helped the audience see all of the people who did NOT deserve the throne.
8. "The night is dark and full of terrors." - followers of the Lord of Light
The Lord of Light people were creepy and mysterious at the same time. I always got shivers when they said this.
9. "Not today." - Arya Stark
Arya killing the Night King was an [amazing] surprise to most. But we all should have seen it coming because of this quote.
"10. The things I do for love." - Jaime Lannister
This quote is one of the funniest to me, and it was when I realized how crazy this show would actually be.
11. "That's what I do: I drink and I know things." - Tyrion Lannister
After all, it's not easy being a know-it-all.
12. "You know nothing Jon Snow." - Ygritte
Ygritte was the girl Jon deserved.
13. "Hold the door." - Hodor
One of the saddest moments of the show. :(
14. "I did not kill Joffrey but I wish that I had. Watching your vicious bastard die gave me more relief than a thousand lying whores." -Tyrion
Tyrion's entire monologue here was hilarious to me, just because he was SO done with everyone's shit. But also, I think we can all agree that we wish we had killed Joffrey.