How to host a Galentine's Day party

10 Must-Haves For A Perfect Galentine's Day Celebration

You know, couples don't get to have ALL the fun on Valentine's Day!

140

Party-planning is not easy, people. There are so many components ranging from food, to decor, to music, to games, to crafts - all for just a few hours fun! Though some events can be quite exhausting to arrange, Galentine's Day shouldn't be. After all, it's essentially you and your besties, celebrating something so organic and meaningful amongst all of you: friendship. Pinterest and Instagram often create unreasonable expectations of what girls-night-outs should look like, some activities costing an arm and a leg for each participant. Instead, take notice of these key elements to a perfect day with the gals and perhaps incorporate some into your "day without dudes!"

1. Cute invites

You really don't have to go all-out on these, but something to inform your guests of the eventful day is very important. Hand-written invitations are always appreciated, but a simple email or well-worded text message will do the trick!

2. Small gifts or goodie bags

Again, these do not have to be super elaborate. A little goodie bag, a face mask, chocolate bar, or friendship jewelry can be a great way to tell your gal pals "thank you for being you" and for clearing their schedules to make it that day.

3. Booze, booze, booze!

If you're of legal age, you know this component is a must at any celebratory event. Whether you pick up a few bottles of wine at the store, hand-craft your own signature cocktails, or enjoy a few too many mimosas at brunch, your guests will be glad to loosen up with a tasty beverage.

4. Sweet treats

Seriously, what would Galentine's Day be without a few dozen cookies, cupcakes, chocolates, doughnuts, etc.? Don't be crazy and forget these babies!

5. Relaxing activities

Booking a serene spa experience for each girlfriend would be ideal, but chances are your besties don't have a few hundred to drop in one afternoon. Instead, grab a few face masks, nail polishes, bathrobes, and cozy candles to create the ultimate spa room from the comfort of your home!

6. Fun & flirty games

Every good party has games - it's just a little something to lighten the mood and create new memories. Your games don't necessarily have to be V-Day themed, (Cards Against Humanity is always a crowd-pleaser), but adding a romance-themed twist can help tie in the occasion quite nicely!

7. Rom coms and tear-jerkers

"Love Actually," "When Harry Met Sally," "The Proposal," "To All The Boys I've Loved Before," "Pretty Woman," "Sleepless in Seattle," "Sixteen Candles," "27 Dresses," "Bridesmaids," "Crazy Rich Asians," "Bridget Jones's Diary," "The Break-Up"...shall I go on?

8. Arts & crafts

"Wine & Canvas'" are great if you've got reservations in advance, but sometimes your gal group can't get in on short notice. Still, don't fear! Target has an amazing supply of paints and palettes, Micheal's can hook you up with some colorful yarn or bracelet kits, and Joann Fabrics has every color under the rainbow of cotton t-shirts just waiting to be decorated.

9.  Dance party/karaoke

After a few glasses, this event seems to happen organically, so it's good to be prepared with a couple of hit songs on a playlist! Don't worry, your girls already know you can't sing.

10. Take lots of photos!

You'll want to capture those moments throughout the night when Becky gets wine drunk, someone ugly cries watching "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days", and that 10-minute window where you all look chic & put-together for a post on Insta.