Disney's Plan For Galaxy's Edge Ruined Everything

Bob Iger, wyd sweetie??

43

As anyone who has EVER read one of my articles knows, I LOVE Disney. The company, the movies, the parks, all of it. However, with all of the park expansions and movie deals, I've been getting kind of annoyed recently. Galaxy's Edge, the new "Star Wars" land is set to open in the parks very soon. Personally, I've never seen a Star Wars movie in my life. I still want to see them, and I can't wait for the expansion to open, but I think it could have been done differently.

When Disney bought "Star Wars," it was a big deal. It's a popular thing with a HUGE fanbase, it's iconic. In my opinion, I think that Disney Co. saw this and knew that they would have to make that one of their main focuses. That's all fine and good, but now here we are a few years later and all of the good things are being tossed to the side to make room for more "Star Wars."

We lost parades, fireworks shows, certain performers, Photopass photographers in certain locations, and even more. Toy Story Land was sized down when it could have been much bigger and less rushed. There were way too many budget cuts in order to make Galaxy's Edge perfect while throwing new additions in alongside that as well.

Don't get me wrong, I'm always open to change. I love seeing what will be added next and watching the process of it being built. However, I feel like Disney always misses a lot of great opportunities or ideas that can be made into the coolest things. For example, a lot of people were saying that the Three Caballeros ride in the Mexico pavilion in Epcot could be made into a "Coco" ride. Some employees have addressed this, but never went through with it. It would have been such a cute concept and definitely would have educated people on the Mexican culture of Dia De Los Muertos.

I know that making Galaxy's Edge as stupendous as it can be isn't only for entertainment but marketing as well. I'm sure that on opening day, they will have to stop letting people into the park due to the crowd levels. That means loads of money and everyone gets to see the new things.

Whenever something new and anticipated opens up in the parks, it takes well over a year for the crowds to fully die down, and even then they're still pretty large. Pandora has been open for about two or three years I believe, and the rides can still have over 100-minute waits on a good day. Being that "Star Wars" is a way bigger franchise, I can only imagine how intense the wait for those things are going to be.

I'm glad that Disney is taking such an iconic and legendary thing and honoring it in such a big way, but I just wish they wouldn't have forgotten about the other things that reside in the parks.