Graduating is easy, what's not is finding a job

Graduating Is Easy, But Getting A Job Is Stressful

What a time to worry.

29

I finished my journalism internship today and I am nervous yet excited for the future. I am graduating in the spring of 2019 and I am finally glad I am close to graduating. However, I am nervous because I'm always wondering if I will get a job or even another internship.

I know there's great potential in me but I'm also competing with other applicants. I should not be worried about the others but when I look back at my resume, I wonder if it is enough. If my skills are enough or could I add more.

I am always learning and increasing my skills with every article or every person I speak to.

A month or two before I graduate, I plan to apply to any marketing or journalism jobs available. Although I feel like I'm behind on my skills-journalism and marketing wise, I am glad to hear I do not give up. I don't complain much and I like to keep a level head and try to reduce my social anxiety as much as I can.

It's hard to not compare yourself to others when finding a job but I am trying to focus on my skills and what I have to offer. It's weird because when I started college, I wanted to get the heck out of there with my degrees. Now that I'm closer to graduating, it's nerve-wracking because there are so many what if's I'm asking myself.

What if I don't get accepted to the jobs I'm applying to? Will anyone hire me?

Those can be dangerous questions to ask yourself because it sounds like you're doubting yourself and can decrease your confidence.

If your mindset changed, say, "What happens if I get this job? Am I prepared?"

Even though I'm scared, I can do my best to face it head-on.