To My Future Sister-In-Law, You're So Much More Than My Brother's Fiancé

When my brother finally introduced you to us, I was beyond excited! It was like I finally got the sister I always wanted.

371

Growing up as the only girl in my family has definitely had its perks. In some ways, I was very spoiled. I never had hand me downs. I never had to share my clothes. I never had to share a room, and a lot of times, the attention was on me. It wasn't on purpose though, I was the middle child and the only girl, stuck between two brothers!

However, I always wondered what it was like to have a sister. Don't get me wrong, I love my brothers with my whole heart, but I was curious about what having a sister was like. Most of my friends had sisters, and I always felt like I was missing out on that special relationship that sisters had. Did sisters stay up all night talking? Did they do help do each other's hair and makeup? Did sisters give each other advice on boys?

This curiosity and longing for a sister was fulfilled when you came into the picture. When my brother finally introduced you to us, I was beyond excited! It was like I finally got the sister I always wanted. I remember right away that I loved you! I mean how could I not? You had the sweetest personality, and we had so many things in common. I was so grateful that my brother found someone as wonderful as you! In some regards, I am grateful for selfish reasons. I now had a lifelong friend and sister all rolled into one. You took me under your wing and made me feel loved and appreciated as if I was actually one of your siblings.

I want you to know that I look up to you in so many ways.

You're beautiful, intelligent, fashionable, funny, and most of all you have the kindest heart! You are the perfect match for my brother and the perfect "older sister" for me! You are always there for me, and the memories we have made together are timeless. You were with me when I picked out my senior prom dress, you went to my high school graduation, and now I get to be a part of your big day when you walk down the aisle!

When you asked me to be a bridesmaid in your wedding, I was more than just happy, I was overjoyed! I am filled with gratitude that you love me that much to include me in something so important. I am so happy that we are this close, and we have a bond like real sisters do. This is the kind of bond that I have always wanted!

I've enjoyed every ice cream date we've been on, all the movies we've watched together, the trips we've taken, and the countless hours we've spent just talking on the couch. I know these moments truly represent the best parts of having a sister, and I've finally got to experience that with you! I love you. Thank you for being the sister I never had!