A Future Letter To My Sister

A Future Letter To My Sister

You come up with a new idea every day on what to do.

801
A Future Letter To My Sister
Karina Delgado

It has been a couple rough weeks without you. You started second grade this year, and I started my first year of college. The age difference is a killer but we're pretty close for an 11 year age gap. I wanted to write this letter for you, a letter that you can read in the future and remember who you are as a person. This one's for you.

Dear Little Sister,

As we get older, we get busier. Whether it's homework, after-school activities, work, chores, or keeping up with social life, we tend to stress out. We forget who we are and freak out. Take a step back and go ahead and read this. Although you were only seven years old, our inner child is always in our hearts. These traits are still in you, they make you to what you are today. Here are just a few to remind you.

You're loud.

Every single day you make someone laugh, whether if it's in the house or outside in public. You have a comedic side to you and you can be extremely loud about it. I mean, screaming loud. Always continue to be loud, never be quiet, continue to scream to the world on how you feel.

You're creative.

You come up with a new idea every day on what to do. You're always craving for more activities, more art projects, more things to bake. You love having hobbies. Go find a new hobby and explore!

You've got an, "I don't care" attitude

It's not necessarily a bad thing. Don't get me wrong, I think it's hilarious. Although, you can take it a little too far, always have the attitude in you. It's one of your strongest traits and the strongest a girl can have. Don't ever lose it.

You're caring.

No matter what situation your older siblings are in, you are always there for both of us. You overlook that you're the youngest one, and you put us first. We both appreciate you even if you get under our skin sometimes.

I hope this helped you out and made your day a bit better. Remember to not forget where you came from, and sometimes you need to take a step back and take a breather. One last thing to not forget is that...

I love you.