A Letter To My Future Husband: 1 Corinthians 13:4-7

You were bought at a significant price, my dear.

200
Alex and David

How is it possible that I am so excited about my life with you, yet I have no idea who you are? I hope you are just as eager to know me as I am to know you. Future husband, you should know that as long as we commit to making Christ the center of our relationship, I believe that you and I both will have nothing but a lifetime of adoration. I believe that with Christ in us, we will do amazing things together... not just for each other, but for the world. I pray over you often, and I hope you pray over me as well. I also hope you like doing laundry, because I absolutely despise it. No, this is not a letter about what you need to do in order to keep me happy, although I would not mind you cleaning the dishes or running the vacuum every now and then! This is a letter from me to you, just a casual decade early.

Dear Future Husband,

I pray that I see you, and you see me, the way God intends the both of us to be seen. I want nothing more than to look at you with confidence in knowing that you are the one God made for me, and I for you.

I pray that I know how to love you before I even know you. I want to be so secure in loving myself that loving you comes naturally, not as a chore. I do not want to just buy you a pair of sneakers every other month to show you what you mean to me... what good does that do? I want to know what every facial expression you make means and know how to care for each of your emotions.

I pray that you find who God says you are supposed to be. I want you to be so secure in yourself that loving me comes easier than 1-2-3 to you. I never want our days together to be filled with us feeling like we need to reassure each other, I want us to be confident in ourselves and in one another the way Christ is in us.

I pray God sends YOU trials to prepare OUR marriage. You and I are going to go through a lot together, we have an entire new life ahead of us and neither one of us know what joys or heartbreaks lie on that side of life. Right now we are both in different stages of our lives just having a good time with friends, but man oh man - I am so thrilled for the day that we are actually thrown into life together.

I pray God prepares you to be an outstanding father, even to children that are not biologically yours. That's right... I'm not having kids. My heart goes out to the adoption process for many reasons, and my mind has been made up for many years now. I cannot bring another child into this world knowing there are children that are already in need, and I stand firm on that decision.

I pray that your life work is nothing short of wonderful. I already know you will be an outstanding man, so I do not want your job to be the source of your worries, your stress, or your anxiety. Should you find yourself abundantly overwhelmed, I hope you are able to cast your worries to the Lord, and to me without feeling weak like other men might.

I pray that you continue in your walk with the Lord. I want you to be whole and mature when our paths do cross, but I do not want your relationship with Christ to stop growing when our relationship starts. God will show us how we can minister together, future husband. So please do not stop running the race just because you hit a checkpoint in your life.

Lastly, I pray for your mental health and your physical health. I want your mind to be a sacred, pure place. I want your physical health to be unquestionable that way we have an entire life together. I pray you break from any potentially harming thing that you may encounter in the years before I know you. I pray you are taking care of yourself in a way that honors the Lord because you were bought at a significant price, my dear.