An Open Letter To My Future Husband

An Open Letter To My Future Husband

It's going to be lit.

32
An Open Letter To My Future Husband
Summer Edwards

To My Future Husband,

Please love me. Please smile when you see me. Please laugh at my stupid jokes. But most importantly, please treat me the way you want your future daughter to be treated by her future boyfriends. There are four things I need you to do for me and I hope you will do them.

1.I need you to love my friends.

They have been in my life longer than you have and they will become apart of your life before you know it. My friends know me. They know what to do when you have pissed me off and they know how to fix it. They are going to be your best defense when you have messed up in some way, shape or form. My friends are the ones who can sway me to make you or break you. They have done it before and they will do it again.

2. Love my family.

My family raised me and shaped me to be the person that I am today. My family is my biggest support system and are some of my best friends. They will know everything about you before you even walk in the door to meet them because that is their job. They will do a background check and find out all the dirty little secrets as soon as I mention your name. If they can’t find any, then they will make it up. When you come home to meet them, shake my daddy’s hand and look him in the eye. Tell my mom that her cooking is the best thing you have put in your mouth since you left home. Show us that you love your family too, tell us about them. We want to know it all.

3. Love yourself.

I know that sounds weird, but how am I going to love you if you can’t even love yourself? You are your biggest fan and your biggest critic. You have been with yourself the entire time. You know your strengths and your weaknesses so now love them all. Be confident, but don’t be cocky. Understand the difference between the two terms and we will have a great relationship.

4. Most importantly, love me.

I don’t need all of your attention; I just need some of it. When you love me, it isn’t hard to give me your attention because you want to. You want me to be a part of your life. Please just want me. I have been in relationships that have failed because there was love only coming from one side. Realize that I have exes, and some of my exes and I are still friends. That needs to be OK with you.

My future husband, please love me with all of your heart, but don’t waist your time or mine if you cannot. If you are going to make me fight for your attention or fight to see you, then don’t bother. I have done that too many times and have been hurt too many times from that. I can’t do it anymore.

Future husband, I will love you with everything that I can and make you so happy if you let me. See you when the time is right.