Home decor ideas to take with you when you move out

I Haven't Moved Out Yet But I Already Know What My Home Is Going To Look Like

From "Boujie on a budget" looks to DIY creations...THIS is where you'll find your new inspiration.

407

I've been planning what my new home will look like once I finally move out since I was 16. I've saved ideas, themes, tips and inspiration of what I want to make my entire place turn out whether it's a casual classy bedroom or a mermaid themed bathroom. I've even been looking for different projects that I could display in my backyard (if I have one) and in the living room—I've had it all set up, including back up ideas in case some things fall through.

Some (or most) of my inspirations have come from Pinterest. Pinterest is an application you can download for FREE and will give you almost ANY tips and ideas for any topic you can think of. It includes food ideas, room decor, fitness routines, nail designs and literally anything you want to make off the top of your head. You can create boards with different themes or topics so that it is all sorted into a specific folder. That way you can save any "pins" you like and never lose them.

What I hope my future "palace" looks like is pretty simple —nothing too expensive or "over the top" decor. I have been able to find easy ways to transform almost everything in a household to appear casual, classy and cute all while encompassing that "boujie on a budget" feel. I wanted to share a few of my favorite things that people might be interested in making or putting in their own home to make it cozy and personal.

1. The Kitchen

Coffee Barhttp://www.99architecture.com/2017/03/10/99-diy-ap...

My kitchen is kind of going to have to be a big deal. Almost everyone who comes into a home will most likely see or be in the kitchen. Obviously, there will be utensils and big knives, a coffee maker, a stove, magnets on the fridge and, of course, a fruit bowl designed to look vivid and fresh. One of my favorite pins that I've seen for a personalized kitchen is a coffee bar such as in the picture above.

Yes, it's a little extra I know... but If you know me, of course, I said "UM YES!" I know I am not the only coffee addict, and besides, you can not tell me that this isn't cute. If you can find any sign that says "Coffee" or "Wake me up," it'd be the perfect little section for anything coffee-related to be set up. In this image, I like the basket of coffee pods and the little tray where you can place sugar, stirrers, creamer and even those candy canes (peppermint mocha flavor, duh)! This technically doesn't have to be for coffee either. This could go for alcohol, detox waters, tea makers and more. All you need is a cute little sign that goes with the theme and a tray or decorative plates that match.

2. The Bedroom

DIY Bedroom Decor Ideas

This picture is similar to what I have planned for the bedroom. I am currently already buying pieces for my room to take with me once I move out and most of them deal with being part of wall decor or vanity purposes. To start off, I was able to find a chest of drawers like this on Offerup, a buy-and-sell app. Thankfully, I was able to turn it into my wardrobe/vanity. This was very helpful for me because I was able to save a lot more space in my room, which is pretty small. I placed all of my makeup on one side of the vanity, placed a mirror above hanging on the wall, as well as decorated with photos, candles, and other cute room accessories on the other side of the drawer. This picture demonstrates great ideas for wall gallery formatting, but you can also search for other designs online to see what best interests you the most.

3. The Bathroom

Simple Bathroom Decor Ideas

I am using this image as a simple idea of how you could decorate the bathroom despite how small or "uneasily decorative" bathrooms usually are. I love the idea of adding shelves and placing flowers or candles around. Simple small things like that can make it feel "homey." You can choose whatever color or fabric you want for your carpets, mats and towels. Also, selecting a theme can be very fun to do because you can get down to even the smallest details such as the soap dispenser and shower curtains.

4. The Living Room

Best way to keep up and set notes when coming and leaving home.

Diy Projects for Living Room Decor

Lastly, the room that will be viewed the most is the living room. This is where you'll entertain guests, host mini parties or spend dinner/movie nights with your roommates — essentially, this is the main area that you definitely might want decorate. In the pictures above, you can see two different ideas of how you can add into your living room.

The top picture really calls to me because it's something that you'll help keep you organized by reminding remind you of important things when you walk in or out of your home. It's a cute set up to help you track of your days, have your mail organized, keep your keys in one place or write any notes or ideas to share with others.

The bottom picture gives me an organized vibe because you can place any accessories on shelves. Because it's a built-in wall desk, you don't need a regular table to place under your television. The shelves can carry decor, candles, bins or 'homey' boxes to place your remotes, DVD's, cable box and more around your TV. That way you have more space in your living room, like for a coffee table in between the TV and the couch.

There are many artistic ideas and DIY projects you can create when trying to make your new home classy or feel like "home sweet home." Many of these ideas can be purchased or collected at your local Walmart, Ross, Target, Ikea, Home Goods, Hobby Lobby and many other places. It's very exciting to move into a new place. It's definitely one of the best ways to start a new beginning and help you transition into the new chapter of your life as a homeowner. I am so excited for when the move finally takes place in my life. I have seen so many cute decor goods and am just so ready to finally have that adventure. So if you're looking for home decor, please keep checking stuff out on Pinterest and more!!