To My Future "Forever Mine"

To My Future "Forever Mine"

To the future woman of my dreams, the one who makes me complete!

174
To My Future "Forever Mine"

I don't know if I've met you yet, but in the case that I have, there are some things about us that I want you to remember! If I have yet to have the honor of meeting you, know that these are the things that are in my heart.

Stay strong!

I know that I am far from perfect, and Lord knows that I am going to make many mistakes as we work our way through life together. I know I won't always show it, but I'm sorry for my failures and shortcomings. Not a day passes where I don't stop and wonder what you will be like, and how you will deal with me when I'm being a royal pain. Just remember that I love you and would never do anything to hurt you intentionally.

Hold me accountable!

I know that I will have to answer to you and to God for my mistakes. Hold me to a line of excellence that feels too high to reach. I'm a stubborn man. I like things to work smoothly and to plan, and when they don't, I'm very slow to let go of "my way." I recognize this to be my biggest shortcoming of them all, and I work hard every day to overcome it! Keep my eyes fixed on the goal, and together we can win the battle!

Trust me!

Give me the grace to fail, but believe that I can succeed! I, as a man, am nothing without the support of my woman, and when times get hard, I need you there at my side, fighting for what I am fighting for! As two, we can do nothing, but as one with Christ, we have the strongest relationship known to man! There are going to be times that I have to do something that seems completely crazy. But if you believe in my crazy, we can do it!

Know that I'm always here for you!

I know I won't be the only one with struggles and pains. When I was young and innocent, I dreamed of a future together where perfection ruled - where pain, heartache, and failure could never touch us! But then I grew up and saw relationships for what they really are! There is no strength in a relationship without hardship and pain! But through that pain, I want to be there to hold you and tell you that everything is going to be fine! I know there will be times when I fail at this, and I apologize in advance for them. When I fail to be there to comfort you, look to our Heavenly Father to give you rest and peace that passeth understanding!

Keep dating me!

I've seen it so many times! The loving couples, with each other all the time, having dates, holding hands, so in love that the rest of the world doesn't matter! But then they get married and start living real life together, life gets hard. People have to work, the kids take up most of their time and all the sudden, the warm, fuzzy feelings stop. There is a place for real life, but don't ever let it get in the way of our love for each other! Let's go out of our way to spend extra time together when life gets busy, even if it's just 10 minutes for coffee over my lunch break, or a quick movie together after the kids are all sleeping!

Keep being crazy!

Based off of my tastes in women, I can basically guarantee that you are going to be a crazy girl! Spirit of the moment has your name written all over it! Don't ever stop being yourself because of circumstances. I don't know what it will be. Maybe we will decide to go on a surprise trip one day, or wake up in the middle of the night to go get pizza downtown! Maybe we will decide to take a walk into the middle of nowhere and lay out under the stars together, or drop the kids off with a friend and just spend the day at home together without the lovable noise machines tearing up the house! Regardless of what is that we do, let's never stop! And if we start to lose our crazy edge, we have to promise each other to take a step back and take the time to be a kid again!

I will never stop loving you!

Even when times get hard and I am failing as a husband and father, don't let those doubts from Satan sneak into your mind! He will try to tell you that there is "someone else" or that "I don't really care about you anymore", but he will be very wrong. Nothing will ever come between us permanently. I will always love you with my whole heart! Please trust me and rest in that when times are hard!

"I choose you. And I choose you over and over and over. Without pause, without a doubt, in a heartbeat. I'll keep choosing you!"

" I do!"

"...do you solemnly promise...to forsake all others for her sake; to cleave unto her, and her only, until death shall part you?" There may be times when you doubt my loyalty. Maybe it will be because I have failed to keep my promise to date you always. Maybe it will be because I have spent too much time with another woman. In any case, it is all cause for concern, and I am guilty of failing you as your husband. May God hold me accountable for it! But if you are unsure of my loyalty to you, please ask me before making assumptions! There is no need for strife between us over a simple misunderstanding. And if I lie to you when you ask, may God have mercy on me for being a hopeless failure of a man. If I fail you, I am so sorry, and I only hope that in time, you can find it in your heart to trust me again and love me once more!

To me, you're perfect!

I don't care what the world tells you about yourself. It doesn't matter. All that really matters is that God made you perfect, and he loves you. I think you're perfect, and I love you too! There is nothing in the whole wide world that could ever change that! I chose you for a reason, and that reason doesn't change with age or the scale. I want to get old with you, and even when your hair is gray, and wrinkles line your face, you will still be perfect for me! Anything that tells you otherwise is clearly not me, and as a result is not important!

Know that I pray for you daily, even if I may not know you yet! I look forward to loving you and being able to live life together! I can't wait to proudly call you "forever mine!"

I love you,

Your Future Husband